Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Super looking hat Memphis, kind of a formal Cowboy look.

Kinda what I was thinking and had it not been for the encouragement of those at the shop, I would not have picked it out. Love the coloring, wow, looks great in person. The ribbon contrasting with the dark brown grabs your eye and I love the pencil curl. Adds a panache to it. You guys are too enabling. I hope someone, if you talk to Mike or Rocky, tell them to either append to this thread or start a new one, for I think the distressed look is going to take off. Mike also had a black hat my friend tried on that had some sort of metal work on the side and I tried to get him to buy that one. He is tall and bald and it looked awesome on him.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I distress my hats on my own. The day after picking up my John Wayne hat, I walked Shiloh Military Park. When I got as far away from the car as was possible and still be in the park, it started raining. The hat was TOTALLY soaked, still looks new now though. I also wore it hiking in the Wichita Mountains last weekend and didn't get enough sweat in it. I'm doing my part though. It IS hard to distress a hat working in a office.

later

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I remember seeing a picture of one of Rusty's hats with a small brass horse head attached the the ribbon. I wasn't just seeing things was I? I don't ride horses, and I sure don't own one. Did you know that the darn things eat and process a LOT of food every day whether you ride them or not. Anyway, what other hat band clips are available?

Thanks

Lando

Practically Family
10428055734_bc1becffdb_b.jpg

My last Buckaroo, a great Rust 50X with a tooled leather band. Love the band and the Rust color is cool because it can look more red or brown depending on what you wear. One more great hat from Buckaroo hatters. Saved this one for last because this style is old for me. I wore a hat like this as my first hat, it was nothing as nice as this, but in this style. So, though the quality is fantastic, the shape of this hat is old and comfortable for me. I didn't realize how funny it was until I looked at all the fedoras I own and realized that I don't wear this style of hat anywhere near as much as I use to. I missed it. But when I get a big hat like this on, it just feels right. Nothing anybody says can shake that feeling.
10428207593_d92fcce2f3_c.jpg

RBH

Bartender
I ran across this one on the Buckaroo Hatters Facebook page.
Man... it was just to good to pass up.
Mike and Rocky just finished it and it has been weathered to have the 'trail worn' look.
Rocky you did a great job!! And Mike you wear it very well!!!

Barbarosa would be proud!

0w6k.jpg

Lando

Practically Family
11872161883_6374776c98_c.jpg

Have a few hats I wanted to put up from Buckaroo but I try to pace it out. Take pictures when I'm wearing them and remember to take a picture lol. This was a nice Jonny Ringo replica they made me in green with a great tooled leather band. I always liked this style and finally found a good version of it for me. As always, Mr. Moore was easy to deal with and the hat construction is top notch. I'd originally wanted to take this hat with me south for the holidays to wear with all my Hawaiian shirts, but when it came in I just liked it so much I didn't want to chance destroying it with several plane trips with small children lol. Now I'm sporting it in these freezing temperatures back home instead. That angled telescopic crown is just so cool.

11871881455_0e9ef40a48_z.jpg

Lando

Practically Family
Another great hat from Mr. Moore. A clone of the hat Walt Longmire wears in the series Longmire. I enjoyed the series and the books even more, and it occurred to me that I really liked the style of hat. It's nothing out of the ordinary and yet it has some character, and it's not a style I see around where I am very often. In all the effort to find hats that are little different, sometimes I overlook that most basic demand for a hat that can do anything, go anywhere, and take the beatings you give it. This one came in a while ago but I hadn't got a picture of me in it till today. Like I said, nothing out of the ordinary, just a fine hat from a skilled craftsman.
12091632754_dd373815f7_c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24