Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Was at court today and another dapper lawyer was there with a fedora. Asked him where he got it and he started saying he goes up to a place in Covington, and I shouted, Major Mike!! Big smile. Was a silverbelly fedora with a almost matching taupe-ish ribbon edge and a grey, musta been a 3 inch, ribbon and keeper. About 2 7/8 brim. Red liner. We talked and we agreed that he would contact me and we would go up one Saturday afternoon and hang around and try to hire ourselves out to Mike for the afternoon so he would have to keep us around and then go to Marlowes to dinner, hopefully he and Rocky would go. Kinda neat that some other attorney is in the know, and I tell everyone that asks me where I get my hats about Mike.

He did say a whole bunch of shooter/re-enactment guys were around when he was there, maybe he said Alabama, and the place was buzzing.

John Galt

Vendor
Cheers, counsel. It seems that a lot of our ilk like suits & fedoras. Maybe we should have a thread for "lawyers with lids," or something similar.

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

majormoore

Vendor
Come up sometime, I was at Marlowes last night for dinner, Todd told me he is now open on Sat from 11 am to 11pm, they used to close in the afternoon but have now decided to stay open in the afternoon, he said the reason was so many of my customers wanted him to stay open while they were there , so he said yes

Major Moore
Was at court today and another dapper lawyer was there with a fedora. Asked him where he got it and he started saying he goes up to a place in Covington, and I shouted, Major Mike!! Big smile. Was a silverbelly fedora with a almost matching taupe-ish ribbon edge and a grey, musta been a 3 inch, ribbon and keeper. About 2 7/8 brim. Red liner. We talked and we agreed that he would contact me and we would go up one Saturday afternoon and hang around and try to hire ourselves out to Mike for the afternoon so he would have to keep us around and then go to Marlowes to dinner, hopefully he and Rocky would go. Kinda neat that some other attorney is in the know, and I tell everyone that asks me where I get my hats about Mike.

He did say a whole bunch of shooter/re-enactment guys were around when he was there, maybe he said Alabama, and the place was buzzing.

majormoore

Vendor
I eat there so much, they always have a table for me and my friends, we will eat there when your in town for your visit, you'll love the food and they are now playing music some evenings

Major Moore

Wonder, if it's possible to reserve a table a good time in advance :)

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Um, just tell me when. The shrimp and cheese grits are calling again.

And this is with a Ron's Sausage Chili Cheeseburger and fried pickle lunch!!

Later

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
memphislawyer we will be having a Get together on March 8th and 9th at Mike's shop. I will be driving the Dane in from Nashville that morning and Anyone else that would like to show up can come in a visit Mike and Talk Hat's all day and then we will walk over and have dinner at Marlos. It will be a fun day.
Come on Down everyone and enjoy the hat talk. Might even get in on the hat making action with Mike showing us the ropes.
josh%20%20pouncing%202.jpg

Bill%20rocky%20working%20on%20brim.jpg

Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Sounds great! I might buy a hundred ... and if you've got a nice portable walk-in closet, I may be interested in that too :D No, but I sure would like to buy a couple of hangers ;)

majormoore

Vendor
The hangers work with any hat, brims to 6" no problem, and there is no pull no where on the hat brim, they are outstanding to use while in your car, hook it on the back seat hook where you hang your clothes

Major Moore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot