Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
After looking at all these hats, I find it much easier to make the choice to have a custom from the Buckaroo company. I am thankful to be able to see the quality of styles shown from everyone posting on here. Now to decide color...

Nice one Alexander.
What did the crown height end up being?
I'm spec'ing out a BotP style hat & torn between 4 1/2 or 4 for the crown.
Saw on old catalog listing for "The Scout" & think it is close to what I'm after.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've seen that catalogue as well. The "scout" style was initially what I wanted until I found an example of the Major's "mountain man" style at the shop. The highest point on the crown on my hat is 5''.

I like higher crowns with my wide-brimmed hats. Short crowns on these make them look stubby. If you can't decide between 4.5'' and 4'', why not compromise. I propose a crown height of 4.25''.

I'm going to try to get some better pics up today, but this rain and cloud cover are hindering my efforts. Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Omne

Familiar Face
Well, they're here. The two custom hats that Mike made for me. They look great, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

I love the lined ribbon, my wife and Mike picked it out from Mike's vintage ribbon racks. It makes the hat.
Color is Granite and it's a 100% hare felt

008-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

This one is 100% beaver felt and the color is Sahara, I love the color and the feel of the felt.
I think I'll work on the crease a bit though. After seeing them both together I'd like to get the Sahara into more of a drop shape as well.

What can I say, true works of the hat maker's art. :eusa_clap

Neophyte

Thank you, DJH. Mike's a great guy. I very much enjoyed working out the details with him in person. Long drive, but very much worth it :D.

And yes, Mike makes some great fedoras. In case you haven't seen it, here's the 100% beaver lightweight that I picked up in January.

BoneBuckaroo3.jpg

BackHomeAgain.jpg

Neophyte

k

I love the lined ribbon, my wife and Mike picked it out from Mike's vintage ribbon racks. It makes the hat.
Color is Granite and it's a 100% hare felt

The ribbon is great! Did you pick it out and then build the hat around it?

Omne said:
010-2.jpg

This one is 100% beaver felt and the color is Sahara, I love the color and the feel of the felt.
I think I'll work on the crease a bit though. After seeing them both together I'd like to get the Sahara into more of a drop shape as well.

I love the color combos on this hat. Even the liner contributes! I wonder what that center crease would look like with some front pinches. At any rate, congratulations to you and kudos to Mike :eusa_clap.

Omne

Familiar Face
The ribbon is great! Did you pick it out and then build the hat around it?

I went in knowing that I wanted at least one grey hat of some sort. After Emily and Mike found the ribbon the rest of the hat pretty much fell into place around it. So the short answer would be yes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24