Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

majormoore

Vendor
As Jeff stated, I was over run with orders when his came in, he told me to put him on the back burner and fill those others as needed. When I had his hat done the stroms had hit OK. and as I was watching all the damage and heart aches so many were going thru, I felt very lucky to have what I have in my home and hat shop. And knew the best payment to recieve was none at all, but have Jeff send something to the Red Cross and help those people, To date I have done that same thing to three other people that have bought hats from me during those stroms in Ok these last few weeks.
I am blessed to have the business and all of us should try and help others how ever we can when it looks like thier world has came down around them.
Thank all of you that have over the years supported me and made kind comments to those that have bought hats from me, ya''ll make the job fun for me

Mike " Major Moore"
They're made for walkin' and this hat is made for wearin'! ;)

You guys are too kind, but I honestly couldn't be happier with this hat. I've gotten a noticeable amount of commentary and glances while I've been wearing it (a lot lately) and often very general comments about appearing "put together" or "from the '20s," or my favorite "you are very recognizable..." lol

The Major had a ton of orders to fill, and I simply waited until mine was up. It was a small handful of months. I have to say, as well, that in lieu of payment Mike asked me to make a donation to the Oklahoma Red Cross to assist those affected by the tornado. I was happy to oblige, but he's the one who really did the charitable thing. What an amazing guy, not to mention a fantastic hatter.

Thanks again , everyone, not only for the comments, but for providing so many examples and so much inspiration.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Thanks Mike,

That helps a few people I know. One guy, a row over lost his whole house, I'll post a picture when I get another one. I have one, but there's one with the flag on it that's gone national. The guy next to him was fine in the first two tornadoes, 19 and 20 May, but the one on 31 May put a tree on his house. The hail got my house in Wichita on 19 May. Hopefully I get a new roof and a wall. The guy across my cubical was about 1 block from the EF5, but his apartment was o.k. through that one. I'll probably help him move boxes the next few nights since the tail of the 31 May EF3 tornado took off enough roof that they condemned his apartment too.

Thanks again

I missed out on these new hats being out of town a lot the last few weeks.

Great hats both Rusty and Jeff, those are beautiful examples of Major's work.

And Major is a great person for donating to those in need in OK.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
1961MJS I was thinking of you when all that was going on--both times. Glad to hear from you. Made the wife and I decide to put a "hidey hole" in the back yard. Sure would hate to lose everything but I guess if you can complain later in reality you were a winner. proper priority is everything. Again, glad to hear from you

1961MJS

Hi

One of the other safety engineers put in a 7 x 13 x 6'8" underground wine cellar in his back yard. Holds him, the wife, and the dogs along with their canned goods, and wine in the back yard. $7,000 roughly. Makes a nice patio too.

Later

RBH

Bartender
I thought I better place an 'action' shot of the Wedding hat Mike made for me.

prx8.jpg

Sweet hat...everyone at the wedding went on about it.
Thanks Mike and Rocky!!!

I saw a photo on facebook of the back of the hat...I cant find it now. It had a great view of the center dent.

Last edited:

BobC

Sharp pair there, Rusty. Hope you had a very fine day. I know you did. The hat looks super.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I thought I better place an 'action' shot of the Wedding hat Mike made for me.

prx8.jpg

Sweet hat...everyone at the wedding went on about it.
Thanks Mike and Rocky!!!

I saw a photo on facebook of the back of the hat...I cant find it now. It had a great view of the center dent.

You look fantastic, Rusty!! Mike did a phenominal job on that hat. It has the perfect crown proportions, ribbon width, and brim length. Congratulations on your daughters wedding and your fantastic hat. I LOVE this picture! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Hi

One of the other safety engineers put in a 7 x 13 x 6'8" underground wine cellar in his back yard. Holds him, the wife, and the dogs along with their canned goods, and wine in the back yard. $7,000 roughly. Makes a nice patio too.

Later

Well We signed on the dotted line and one will be installed next week. The problem is the wife/secretary of war has allotted me room for only one hat. I will probably be blown away while in the closet trying to decide .

barrowjh

One Too Many
Nice looking felt in that hat, RBH. Nice looking pics, giving away a daughter is a momentous event, and I still wear the Disney snagged off the bay for my daughter's wedding. If only I lived closer to Buckaroo . . .

Ranbro

New in Town
I just acquired a superb new straw from the Major. It is one of his precious few and remaining parabuntal straws. It is super light, creased in a traditional Havana style with an approx. 2 3/4" brim, and finished with a dark burgundy ribbon.

I cannot thank Mike enough for this beautiful hat. Pics will follow after a few more postings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk