Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BUCKAROO BONANZA! - The Hats that Major Mike Moore Makes

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I was out at the range all day and when I got home I had a picture of my new hat.

Rocky_with_Big_Black02_Post_zps5ec34c21.jpg

Rocky and Mike were working one of these in Steel when I was getting my John Wayne hat shaped. Rocky and I share a hat block so if it fits him it fits me.

More pictures when I actually get a hold of it.

1961MJS

Hi

I just picked up the new Big Black Hat. It's big enough for Capitol letters. I just picked up Tom Mix's Biography at the Library this week too, based his and my hat styles it's somehow appropriate.

The_Big_Black_Hat_Front_Post_zps30f1bae0.jpg

The_Big_Black_Hat_Side_Post_zps0d0f2dc2.jpg

The_Big_Black_Hat_Ribbon_Post_zpsd0c8795a.jpg

I love the way the ribbon has the embroidered stripe down the center. The Ribbon MAY be older than I am.

I'll take more pictures at the Rodeo Friday Night.

Thanks Mike

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

WOW, Mike!!! Rocky and Mike do such excellent work, and they are incredible people as well. That hat is phenomenal!!! The crown height, crease, brim size, brim curve, etc are AWESOME!! My favorite though is that ribbon. I MUST order a hat from mike in the future with that ribbon.

1961MJS

Hi

I FINALLY got around to getting the pictures off my camera. I didn't do too well, I'll take more later.

Big_Black_Hat_Front_post_zpsf13c9543.jpg

Big_Black_Hat_quarter_post_zpsafc234c8.jpg

The rodeo was something else. They had team penning, and team milking. You have two guys on horseback and two on foot. The cow was a beef cow with a calf, so no MILK cows here. You had to rope and grab the cow, then get some milk in a baby bottle.

Later

Lando

Practically Family
9861221034_e2650c62d8_c.jpg

Have read a lot of good things about Buckaroo Hatters but never quite got around to getting anything from them. Recently I thought I would check them out, and have been happily impressed. Very nice and easy to deal with, great pricing, and great quality. I did everything through the web and the phone, and managed to get exactly what I was looking for. I'll definitely be picking more hats up from them in the future. These no drama, get exactly what you want stories are not all that exciting but they're the mark of good business in my opinion. Not that I'm saying anything new here so I'll just leave it at that. Steel grey 50x with a beaded band. First time I ever got a beaded band on a hat and I have to say I very much like it.

9861217454_cdb9939d76_c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran