Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bumpits

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I've seen them around but I've never used one. To me, they seem like they're more of a tool for 60s styles and beehives than pomps, though I'd like to see it done!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Didn't somebody on here jokingly post a really scary video of a product similar to this on their blog recently?
I remember watching it and it was hilarious....I will do a search.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
It was Inky.....she posted this on her blog. And at the end of the video there are a bunch more videolinks to the same product. Not all of them are as scary as this particular one, however....makes me wonder if these are a bunch of audition vids or something.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
MissAmelina said:
It was Inky.....she posted this on her blog. And at the end of the video there are a bunch more videolinks to the same product. Not all of them are as scary as this particular one, however....makes me wonder if these are a bunch of audition vids or something.

sweet betty! that was some big ole hair lol

pretty faythe

One Too Many
That's me too. I go to walgreens often since its right down the street, and keep going hmmmmmm. I'm pretty sure if I get them my 16 year old would use them, she sometimes makes a lil pomp in her hair.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Ok, finially decided to get the bumpits. Since the top of my hair is on the short side, I had to use the baby bumpit. Might play with the others and see if I can use them at a later date. But for now....
bump3.jpg

bumpit.jpg

bumpit2.jpg

The baby bumpit is really tiny compared to the others.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I wouldn't buy them because I rarely do anything with my hair.:rolleyes:

but there are (in my opinion) only two ways of looking at the "bump hairstyles"

'60's look = awesome! (but that aside...)

GOOD =
hair.jpg

WHALE =
untitled-1.jpg

[huh]

Viola

Call Me a Cab
If I can find them for ten dollars or less I'll try them but I'm not doing the twenty dollar TV price because I've never worn a pomp or beehive and it may well look totally crappy on me.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Caity Lynn said:
I wouldn't buy them because I rarely do anything with my hair.:rolleyes:

but there are (in my opinion) only two ways of looking at the "bump hairstyles"

Sure, but a classic 40s pompadour is also a bump style.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
^ true, but I meant the modern ones...that terrible little bump in the front of you head. I think they look like fish fins.:eusa_doh:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
They're 9.99 at wal-greens.
Set of three.

Viola said:
If I can find them for ten dollars or less I'll try them but I'm not doing the twenty dollar TV price because I've never worn a pomp or beehive and it may well look totally crappy on me.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
medium bumpit

Didnt think that the medium bumpit would work in the shortness of the hair on my crown. I guess it isnt as short as I thought it was, or its growing fast, think goodness!

Here's a quick play with the medium bumpit.

bump-1.jpg

bumps.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot