Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bunch O' Antique and Vintage Eyeglasses

Warbaby

One Too Many
I've been wearing vintage eyeglass frames or pince-nez glasses for years, and in the course of buying them on eBay I've ended up with a bunch that I'm not going fit with lenses and wear. They're up for grabs if anyone can use them. Since I don't remember what I paid for any of these (prolly very little, since I'm a notorious cheapskate) and don't have a clue how to value them, here's the deal: If you see one (or more) you want, PM me with your address and I'll send them off. When you get them you can decide what they're worth to you and either send me something in trade or throw some frog pelts in my PayPal account (punxy@warbaby.com). It's your call and whatever you do or don't do is just fine with me. Fair enough?

Too many to post on this forum page, so I've put them up on my website at http://www.warbaby.com/specs.html

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What a lovely gesture

See this is what I really like about this place.
Although I do not presently wear specs I foresee the day, and it will be sooner than later, when I will need such.
What I would like most though is being allowed to pick them up from you in person. You live in what is inarguably the most beautiful place on earth. I have never been anywhere more consistently breathtaking, you are one lucky 'fella. I hope to return soon to V.I..
A couple of questions, are any of these suitable to be fitted with current contemporary prescriptions? Which do you think might look best on a guy who looks like the love child of John Lennon and Jean Reno?
:eek:
And lastly what is your jacket/hat size or local humane society / charity?
(Please keep in mind that the Looney has been kicking George Washington's arse lately!) :(

Regards,

RB

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
a question about # 17: is that really tortoiseshell? if it is, it's probably too fragile to re-lens...

but # 13 is incredible! i've had a pair white 12k gf filigree that i've tried to replace (one of the arms snapped) with eBay's help and it's been maddening!

Warbaby

One Too Many
SpitfireXIV said:
a question about # 17: is that really tortoiseshell? if it is, it's probably too fragile to re-lens...

but # 13 is incredible! i've had a pair white 12k gf filigree that i've tried to replace (one of the arms snapped) with eBay's help and it's been maddening!

The lens trim is celluloid, not real tortoise (I've been trying for several years to find an affordable pair of real tortoise frames that are still useable).

I have quite a few NOS arms for vintage glasses. If you'll send me the broken arm, I'll see if I have a match for it. Let me know via PM and I'll give you my address.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot