Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BURBERRY (Gents) Jacket - 40's design inspired (Large size)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A beautiful, excellent condition, short motoring jacket by the famous Burberry of London. Has a very 1940's feel to it.
This is 'Made in England' folks. A lovely light camel colour (same as the trenchcoats), with the well-known Burberry checked lining (and also on the back of the collar).
Metal side waist adjusters. Zipped front with button to the top, and double buttons to the bottom (see pics).
These retail at just under £300 ($495 USD) and are beautifully constructed. This is essentially a new, hardly worn jacket (it's always been far too large for my 40" frame & I've stopped kidding myself that it will fit [huh] ) which has been boxed in the attic.

Measurements:

FRONT:

CHEST Armpit-2-Armpit 25"
Collar attachment to end of cuff 29.5"
Top of zip to bottom waist length 24"

BACK:

Collar straight down to waist 27"

PRICE: £60 GBP (+ Postage) PM me if interested please...Thanks.

burberryjacket006-1.jpg

burberryjacket003-1.jpg

CLICK on PICS to ENLARGE

Edward

Bartender
Quite the bargain for somebody out there! I think, from memory, the chest-size is something similar to the measurement of my Burberry trench, which is sized as 44" Chest (54EU). Without trying it on, I'd suspect that at least on paper this would be something close to a 46" chest, bearing in mind that the style and cut of this jacket is such that it's unlikely to be worn over much more than a shirt or light sweater.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You're right, it's a lovely classic jacket - thanks :)

And 'if' this is your fit, then snap it up, as it's a rare treat to get this original model of Burberry (Made in England - and not abroad) in such an 'as new' condition for a bargain price.

I have one 'very' similar which fits me to a tee and I wear it all the time right now and 'love' it.
This one, is frankly a better fit on a larger framed person and I can count on the fingers of one hand, the times I've worn it (hardly ever), so it needs a better, loving home. ;)

Good Luck!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo