Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bush Jackets

Correus

Familiar Face
Getting back on topic. I suppose this is the “ultimate” bush jacket; if only because of the classic golden-era brand name and the claim that it is the jacket Hemingway wore.

http://willis-and-geiger.com/wg_outfitters/lc.html

Although, being a traditionalist, I would personally prefer it with a belt. I'm also not sure about the glasses pocket on the sleeve.

View attachment 253751
View attachment 253752

Is Willis and Geiger even still in business? There is a website, yet it appears to be out of Japan. Under the products page you can see some pics, but I can't see any pricing or how to place orders.

Correus

Familiar Face
Last edited:

fireman

One of the Regulars
I couldn't resist using the map. I know where there is one hanging on the back wall of an auction house; it's about 25% bigger than this one, isn't on a pull-down map bracket, and looks to be from the '50s or '60s. No matter how much I try, he won't sell it. It just hangs there and he sort of uses it as a pinboard backdrop.
That is a shame. Old maps are cool. I have a few that the wife will matt for me to display now that hte man cave is getting done.

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Time to revive the thread with an apparent update to the WPG Bush Jacket. I recently lost 55 pounds and had to buy a smaller version. The newer jacket comes with a thin silver buckle. The belt itself is also smaller. The jacket doesn't appeared to change otherwise. TAG, the Houston based company (a favorite of mine) seems to be having problems. They had a fire a few months back and are having a hard time bouncing back. Hopefully they can return to their former glory.

fireman

One of the Regulars
Time to revive the thread with an apparent update to the WPG Bush Jacket. I recently lost 55 pounds and had to buy a smaller version. The newer jacket comes with a thin silver buckle. The belt itself is also smaller. The jacket doesn't appeared to change otherwise. TAG, the Houston based company (a favorite of mine) seems to be having problems. They had a fire a few months back and are having a hard time bouncing back. Hopefully they can return to their former glory.
Can you post a pic of the WPG? I was actually about to order one. Can't decide between the green or hte khaki.

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
I have one of the WPG ones in Khaki and love it, but I changed out the buttons for my old light infantry buttons, and sometimes use a leather Oliver pattern snake-clasp belt instead of the cloth one. It gives it a different look, and I can always swap in the cloth belt with aftermarket buckle and metal grommets whenever I want a change. Not wearing it today though as it was -47 degrees this morning with the wind. ☹️

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot!? A $2,000 “safari jacket”? Talk about missing the point! Besides, I’m a purist: it needs a belt and epaulettes.

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot!? A $2,000 “safari jacket”? Talk about missing the point! Besides, I’m a purist: it needs a belt and epaulettes.

Looks more like a Cruiser or Mackinaw, to me. However, in a time where words mean nothing, I'm not shocked.

hC03qdR.gif

Edward

Bartender

Is the new buckle metal? I bought one of the WPG khaki jackets back in about 2009, if memory serves through Soldier of Fortune in the UK. The plastic buckle was the only concern at the time - though to be fair it's never failed me. I might end up buying a new one when I see where the current diet goes, as I'd bought it a little small for wearing over a shirt (I wore mine in place of a shirt, just over an undershirt). Also rather fancy one of the green ones for a different look. Great for travel and going walking in in warm weather. Although I'm not keen on the short-sleeved version, I do have a tendency to wear it with the sleeves rolled to the elbow.

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Is the new buckle metal? I bought one of the WPG khaki jackets back in about 2009, if memory serves through Soldier of Fortune in the UK. The plastic buckle was the only concern at the time - though to be fair it's never failed me. I might end up buying a new one when I see where the current diet goes, as I'd bought it a little small for wearing over a shirt (I wore mine in place of a shirt, just over an undershirt). Also rather fancy one of the green ones for a different look. Great for travel and going walking in in warm weather. Although I'm not keen on the short-sleeved version, I do have a tendency to wear it with the sleeves rolled to the elbow.
The one I received has a thin silver tone buckle. I wasn't too keen on it and put the plastic one from my previous model on the belt. The new buckle doesn't really jive with the style of the jacket, in my opinion. I may find a nice leather or some other type of buckle in the future. Other than small cosmetic differences, they are still well made.

Edward

Bartender
The one I received has a thin silver tone buckle. I wasn't too keen on it and put the plastic one from my previous model on the belt. The new buckle doesn't really jive with the style of the jacket, in my opinion. I may find a nice leather or some other type of buckle in the future. Other than small cosmetic differences, they are still well made.

Thanks. I did consider - though never got around to it - picking up a brass one or similar for mine; the belt being designed such that the buckle can be changed is a nice bonus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21