Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson . Know the origins?

ronbo

Familiar Face
Hi All - Just found the War scenes from the film The War Lover. Plenty of GREAT B-3 and A-2 shots. As well as some INCREDIBLE low level B-17 flying. And our hero Buzz is played by none other than Steve McQueen himself. LOVE these old films with NO computerized bull$hit. Moderator if this is not fit for the forum please remove. Otherwise ENJOY :eusa_clap -Ronbo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGWKEpNBegg

Stand By

One Too Many
I stumbled across this film a year or so after I'd first waded into the more elite levels of jacket ephemera, so that'd be around 2007. It could well have been someone around here who mentioned it ???
I'd never heard of it before and so I took a chance on the DVD - and so it was a complete delight to see , as you say Ronbo - and it cost me decidedly more than the price of the DVD. I was so impressed with the movie that, after some research, I ended up ordering my ELC RW B-3 a couple of weeks later !!!
And of course it needed a couple of B-2 caps … and a couple of C-2 vests … and some proper A-10 gloves … Ker-ching. Ker-ching. Ker-ching ….

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That movie (of part of) is something else. Puts into perspective how minuscule the jackets were compared to everything else that was going on.

ronbo

Familiar Face
Agreed. Back then they were just a bit o' kit. My Grandfather was at Lakenheath and Upper Heyford with the Army Air Corps at this time (ground crew & later EOD) and had the chance to snag a B-3. He said after about a month he went back to his D-1 because it was too damned heavy lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn