Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

LA area just a little south east of Pasadena

LA area people! Have a sandwich and a brew in the San Gabriel area this Saturday. See the "So-Cal Lunch Saturday Jan 30th, 2010 1:30PM Until …" thread at the top of the events in the 'sticky' area! Could be fun and filling.

Venturian

New in Town
Ventura, California... Blues music downtown. 1-31-10.

I will be playing with the Midtown Rockets, today, at the Good Bar in downtown Ventura. Stop by and have a listen and a drink. I'll be the guy with the guitar, fedora, a Les Paul Junior, and a couple of Fender Champs cranked all the way up.

BTW if your into thrifting, downtown Ventura has a plethora of thrift and vintage shops. I've found more than one sharkskin in these stores. I'll be sporting one today!

Just a reminder for those local and those not too far away.
We have the Fedora Lounge Queen Mary Event May 14-16, 2010!

There is a sticky at the top of the events section for the outline and schedule of events.

Plus, a second thread below to discuss what's going on and ask questions about how to and what's up.

We are hoping that a number of those that are going to the Avalon event will make the Queen Mary part of their weekend too!

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Born and raised in Santa Barbara, CA. I grew up in a very mid-century modern house.
Lived in SB until 1992, moved to Los Osos, CA in San Luis Obispo County till 1998when we left to go live on Vandenberg AFB (Santa Barbara County).

I left Cali for good in 2001 headed to Alaska, lived there nearly 8 yrs and came to Massachusetts in '08.

I LOVED the original Santa Barbara with all its charm and simplicity, growing up.

My eldest son now lives in Sacramento.

Felt I had to post this being that I am an "original" Cali gal ;)

Sonia

A heads up for the Southern California members and anyone visiting, we're getting together in Long Beach CA for the 8th annual Fedora Lounge Queen Mary Event Thurs thru Sunday 5/13-16, 2010.

See the info in the "Events Section" there is a sticky on the top and a open for discussion thread below in Events.

NOTE: If you don't see the events section you may be in as a lurker or don't have enough posts to be 'vested.'

Mav

A-List Customer
Blackthorn said:
There sure are a lot of us in the bay area. I wish I knew of some retro events here.
The problem with any kind of event here is that it always incorporates some sort of sillyassedness that makes it not worth attending. And I say that as a SF native.
I'd be happy with some kind of large scale white tie event. A huge dinner party, or something. With good food, big band music, unrestrained drinking, dancing, and a ban on socio- political idiocy.
Or, barring that, I'd take a '50's style nightclub.

What's the Big Idea?

My suggestion for all of our Bay area members: somebody throw a backyard BBQ or a potluck type picnic at a park so you can get people together and get them talking. (Some type of "low challenge" meet, not a big deal thing.)

From there assemble a core group to work on some type of "Bay Area Big Event."

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
SURPRISE!

I am moving to Sacramento end of June :eusa_clap

So, who's going to welcome me with vintage arms?

P.S. on a much lighter note, I will be doing lotsa back 'n' forth driving to Santa Barbara to get my folks into assisted living home.... lotsa work to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy