Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

*SeaStar*

New in Town
Corona,CA 92880 checking in

Just joined Fedora Lounge and loving it!!! cant wait to make new cali friends!!

*EstrellitaMarinera*

Let the world be your oyster.

Greeting to all of our Californian Loungers and welcome! If you are new to the Fedora Lounge, I'll add a couple of notes to help.

ONE: try to get to 15 posts ASAP. At 15 post you become a vested member and other areas and abilities will open up for you. <I know that for some posting is not easy but a short comment like "I like that photo!" or "Sounds like fun!" counts as a post. In other words a post need NOT be a dissertation on antidisestablishmentarianism in rural Montana in the 1930's!>

One area that will open up is the EVENTS section where you can look for local events or post local events. It's a good place to get to meet others in the Lounge.

At 15 posts you will be able to do Private Messages (PM's) which allow you to exchange info and ask questions of fellow Loungers without an embarrassing interuption of a thread posting.

TWO: take time to look at other areas that may not hold your highest interest now and again. You never know what you might be missing.

I hope this helps you enjoy the Fedora Lounge!

Katzenjammer

Familiar Face
Born in the very flat Central Valley, lived in very hilly San Francisco for 16 years, and now reside in the (near) East Bay...which is kind of a compromise between the two.

Mav

A-List Customer
John in Covina said:
In other words a post need NOT be a dissertation on antidisestablishmentarianism in rural Montana in the 1930's!>

Dammit- that was going to be my next post.

billyk

New in Town
Checking In...

I'm currently living in the Bay Area (the City), and I love it, but I'll be back in LA -- for good -- come August.

Randy Newman put it best when he said, "I looooooove LA!"

W

Burton

One of the Regulars
Lived many years in San Diego which is such a beautiful place. Moved to Texas and wish I had done it sooner. If you ever get tired of the great state of California come on out folks you will be welcomed.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
its official! I am now in Placer County and love this NW city I live in.
I REALLY hope to be able to connect with others near me.

Oh, and get this! the house I rented is over a hundred years old (housed horse's and their humans) looks like it was remodeled perhaps in the 30s - 40s because of the rounded arches in the breakfast nook and dining area, I absoloutly LOVE it and hope to fill it with vintage finds and friends :D

JPH

Familiar Face
Born in Pomona Valley Hospital, spent my first 4 years in Montclair, then my family moved to Culver City. I'm still in the nearby WLA area.

Been a lurking member here for a year and a bit.

Joseph

JazzyDame

One of the Regulars
There's a sorry (actually, rather non-existent) amount of retro-inspired events here in the Valley, and even fewer individuals carrying a torch for that Golden Era...we're pretty much left to our own devices, and are prone to impromptu theme nights ('40s, Stagedoor Canteen, USO Dinner Dances, and such themes) that punctuate our otherwise dreary and uneventful calendars. My inner-Polyanna is thankful for a robust imagination...;)

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Your`re absolutely right,JazzyDame! We need more cool and fun Golden Era-inspired activities and events in our neck of the woods. I`m originally from the Bay Area but now reside farther north (Lodi/Stockton/Sacramento area).

Nice to meet you all.

HMH

JazzyDame

One of the Regulars
HosManHatter said:
Your`re absolutely right,JazzyDame! We need more cool and fun Golden Era-inspired activities and events in our neck of the woods. I`m originally from the Bay Area but now reside farther north (Lodi/Stockton/Sacramento area).

Nice to meet you all.

HMH

Ah, whereabouts in the Bay Area, HosManHatter? The term 'Bay Area' covers a fairly expansive region. Nice to know a local fella's in The Lounge. :) Thanks for checking in!

Chris Dillon

Familiar Face
I've been lurking this site for a while and finally became a member today!
I too am from the SF bay area. Oakland, to be exact.

This is my first post, just wanted to pass on my hellos!

Cheers!

-Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn