Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Californians Please check in!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Both sides are so that begs the question: which of those sides?:p
Thelongest in California would be my mother's side. My great-great grandfather came over in 1872. :D

Man, I didn't know that you were Lusitanian on both sides! (Azores, perhaps?) And if we are talking about California, then 1872 makes your family loooong time residents! (Especially if we're talking about post-1848 California...)

The Good

Call Me a Cab
We're talking about heritage, eh?

I've got a little identity crisis going on, myself. You see, I'm 50% Croatian (central Dalmatia, in fact) based on my mother's side of the family, 25% Italian (or more clearly, 12.5% Sicilian, 12.5% Tuscan), 12.5% English (great grandfather was born there, although he moved to the States at a young age), and 12.5% Irish (or Scots Irish?). Now, my surname is Italian origin, so does that make me Italian American? Or because of the majority of my ancestry is from Croatia, does that imply that I'm Croatian American? Well, I suppose I could be considered both, I don't know really.

We're talking about heritage, eh?

I've got a little identity crisis going on, myself. You see, I'm 50% Croatian (central Dalmatia, in fact) based on my mother's side of the family, 25% Italian (or more clearly, 12.5% Sicilian, 12.5% Tuscan), 12.5% English (great grandfather was born there, although he moved to the States at a young age), and 12.5% Irish (or Scots Irish?). Now, my surname is Italian origin, so does that make me Italian American? Or because of the majority of my ancestry is from Croatia, does that imply that I'm Croatian American? Well, I suppose I could be considered both, I don't know really.

You are just a white dude here.;):p

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
Though I'm no longer in California 47 years in the same house in West Covina should count for something. We sold it in 2000 to move to San Diego to take care of mother-in-law. Three years later she went into assisted living & we were suddenly in the housing market in the middle of the real estate boom. After looking in vain for anything decent in our price range we moved to Moscow, Idaho instead. Best move we ever made.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Though I'm no longer in California 47 years in the same house in West Covina should count for something. We sold it in 2000 to move to San Diego to take care of mother-in-law. Three years later she went into assisted living & we were suddenly in the housing market in the middle of the real estate boom. After looking in vain for anything decent in our price range we moved to Moscow, Idaho instead. Best move we ever made.

Moscow, Idaho? Talk about culture shock!

Dear friends and fellow Californians!

I just wanted to point your attention to the Events Section under the Community area of the Forum. I have posted some information about working on the Queen Mary Event in May of 2011. If you live in California and can make it to the the LA Long Beach area for part of a day or the whole event please consider joining us for a swell event. People come from all over to participate in this.

Go here http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...dventure-Aboard-the-Queen-Mary-Los-Angeles-CA

Or look for: Annual Event Inquiry: May 2011 | Adventure Aboard the Queen Mary | Los Angeles, CA

I posted some Video of the Fedora Lounge including Queen Mary Event 2010 and some LA biltmore Meet in You-Tube and there are threads with links in the Steamer Trunk section if anyone would like to see. I'd love for you to post a comment on Y-T.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Not all that of a newbie but still hoping to meet some likeminded guys and gals from my neck of the woods...
Auburn, CA 95603
pm me in case you're shy ;)

Sonia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran