Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling on all AERO "Happy Days" Jacket owners...

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
Thanks Dan (also for behind the scenes), nick123, HD, Fanch, and Sloan1874 (for your behind the scenes help).

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Dan (also for behind the scenes), nick123, HD, Fanch, and Sloan1874 (for your behind the scenes help).

I forgot about that! Glad it worked out. That's one of the nicest looking flight jackets I've seen. But you HAVE to post fit pics when you get the chance to. :)

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Looks great. A bit like the Vanson Stadium which I decided for when I looked for a bomber jacket, but in FQHH....mhm, nice...Argh. This forum is going to be my financial ruin. :D

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I'm eyeing the Happy Days jacket lately. Have you received it yet? I would love to see fit pictures and might have some more questions. Thanks,

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I tried on a FQHH Happy Days jacket at the Aero factory recently, and was really impressed by it. A bit of breaking in for Dave, and it'll look the biz.

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
I'm eyeing the Happy Days jacket lately. Have you received it yet? I would love to see fit pictures and might have some more questions. Thanks,

I tried on a FQHH Happy Days jacket at the Aero factory recently, and was really impressed by it. A bit of breaking in for Dave, and it'll look the biz.

Maybe that was mine you tried Sloan?

Anyways, YES, my jacket has arrived! As I type this, it is hanging on my bedroom door and my whole house smells of beautiful leather.

What can I say other than WOW!!! It is fabulous. Yes it's super heavy, but I love it. The leather is amazing. The colour combination of the Brown Chromexcel FQHH with Seal knits is perfect. The measurements are spot on. And I'm so glad I changed the angle of the pockets and kept the epaulettes. I really like the red cotton drill lining too. It's just so cool. Much better than I ever expected.

You're right Sloan - it's definitely going to need lots of breaking in (especially in the shoulders - which appear to have dropped a little already since it's been hanging on the coat hanger), but I can't wait to do it. (And the breaking it in is going to start this weekend - I'm flying up to Sydney in it, to see the one and only Morrissey. I hope it's cold. :cool:)

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn't leave it on a coathanger, DD, unless its a large mahogany type, as FQHH doesn't react well to it. I tend to leave slung over the seat of a chair or lying in the bottom of my wardrobe. It was last week that I saw, so I doubt it was your one, but it was very nice, very cool.

Just throw it on the closet floor. or lay it under the bed. :)
The weight of the jacket might cause hanger bumps at the shoulders.
Let's see this beauty Dave- on you not the hanger.
Cheers!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
What Handy says. It's down to the weight of the jacket. Same goes for sheepskin, if you ever find the need for one in Australia...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
China_Wooden_Coat_Hanger_Top_Hanger20119116465610.jpg
this kind of coat hanger is great, able to support my 3kilos jacket just fine, the shoulder stay rounded, I think ever since I hang my thin sheep (without fur) jacket on it too it made the shoulder looks better too, probably it is better to zipped up the jacket when hanging them too.
only about $2 at my local dept store.

Last edited:
The hanger must be wider than the shoulder of the jacket to not cause the dreaded bumps, but with Aero FQHH it's better not to chance it- it's very heavy.
I hang my jacket, but it's not that heavy and I padded the hanger.

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
Just throw it on the closet floor. or lay it under the bed. :)
The weight of the jacket might cause hanger bumps at the shoulders.
Cheers!

What Handy says. It's down to the weight of the jacket. Same goes for sheepskin, if you ever find the need for one in Australia...

The hanger must be wider than the shoulder of the jacket to not cause the dreaded bumps, but with Aero FQHH it's better not to chance it- it's very heavy.
I hang my jacket, but it's not that heavy and I padded the hanger.

No hanger then - I hope I haven't damaged/stretched it leaving it on the hanger for the last 48 hours! :(

Let's see this beauty Dave- on you not the hanger.

Pictures to come, I promise. As soon as I get a chance

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I got a bunch of these off of Amazon. I know, kind of silly, but they work pretty well. I'd lay your Aero jacket on the ground though. It's probably too heavy to be stored on any hanger for a long period of time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
No hanger then - I hope I haven't damaged/stretched it leaving it on the hanger for the last 48 hours! :(

Pictures to come, I promise. As soon as I get a chance

Relax man - I hung a 3.5 oz steerhide jacket on a wire hanger for 2 years without any consequences. These days I don't use hangers at all. I fold the jacket and pop it on a shelf or in a container with my others. I used to have around 20 jackets now I have around 8. Unless it's lambskin you don't need to baby a leather jacket.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
that hanger I use is much wider than my shoulder seams in my jacket size (my shoulder to shoulder is 44cm), I also use similar hangers for my knit sweaters too.

I googled :chair back jacket hanger
chair-hanger.jpg
this is pretty neat invention

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner