Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling on all AERO "Happy Days" Jacket owners...

IXL

One Too Many
Dave, I purchased some HUGE plastic hangers from Aerostitch..these things could be used for canoes! They are several inches wide, and are long enough to fit past the shoulder seams, so as to offer much support for even the heaviest of jackets. They feature a heavy steel hook, bolted thru a rubber grommet.
These hangers are designed with the intent of supporting very heavy garments without causing undue stress or damage.

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
Here's a fit pic. Not the best I know, but I hope it'll do.

IMG_1986.jpg

Edward

Bartender
You know that when you buy an Aero Happy Days, you have to post at least one phot of you doing the thumbs-up Fonzy 'Eeeyyyy', right? It's the law.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
It has been completed.

Here is a picture Denny just sent me:

View attachment 28839

It is the most amazing leather jacket I have EVER seen! It is perfect. Exactly how I wanted it to be, and so 50s looking. :cool:

I cannot wait to receive it.

Dave

Very cool mate. Do they much of a selection at Pickings and Parry? I'm in Canberra, but I try to get to Melbourne at least once a year? It would be handy to actually sight these things in real life and see some of the different leathers in the flesh.

Last edited:

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
Very cool mate. Do they much of a selection at Pickings and Parry? I'm in Canberra, but I try to get to Melbourne at least once a year? It would be handy to actually sight these things in real life and see some of the different leathers in the flesh.

Hi Bunyip.

Thanks for the compliments. And yep, Chris had a pretty good selection at Pickings & Parry whenever I've been there, and he has samples of all the Aero leathers and wool knits.

If you're in Melbourne and want to see my jacket and try it on, just let me know.

Dave

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Dave, you've fulfilled your obligation to us. :) :)

However, that jacket eventually deserves a HQ photo shoot in some good lighting, because it's just so good looking, and that model doesn't have a lot of good photos on the web. That's the obligation to the jacket. If it was a Highwayman or 30s Half Belt we'd let it slide. But nope, it's a rarity to be seen here. You did this to yourself.

lol :)

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Cheers Dave, Im actually waiting on a jacket myself. It's a couple of weeks away. Looking forward to it. Next time I'm in melbourne I will definitely check those guys out.

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
Dave, you've fulfilled your obligation to us. :) :)

However, that jacket eventually deserves a HQ photo shoot in some good lighting, because it's just so good looking, and that model doesn't have a lot of good photos on the web. That's the obligation to the jacket. If it was a Highwayman or 30s Half Belt we'd let it slide. But nope, it's a rarity to be seen here.

lol :)

Thanks Nick. And phew, that's a relief!

I'm glad I have fulfilled my obligations, because ALL of you guys were a great help. Without this forum and your advice (all 29 pages), I would never have been able to make a purchase - I just wouldn't have felt comfortable enough deciding on which jacket, which leather and knit selection, nor on my measurements. And even though it was still a stressful process for me (and you guys too, having to put up with me), it was worth it. I think I did get my first Aero right, and I hope you guys agree.

Thanks again guys.

Dave

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Nick. And phew, that's a relief!

I'm glad I have fulfilled my obligations, because ALL of you guys were a great help. Without this forum and your advice (all 29 pages), I would never have been able to make a purchase - I just wouldn't have felt comfortable enough deciding on which jacket, which leather and knit selection, nor on my measurements. And even though it was still a stressful process for me (and you guys too, having to put up with me), it was worth it. I think I did get my first Aero right, and I hope you guys agree.

Thanks again guys.

Dave

Enjoy your jacket. Those 29 pages were worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana