Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling on all AERO "Happy Days" Jacket owners...

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
That's the way - no one's expecting a fashion shoot. Looks roomy in the shoulders. Are you happy with the fit? Looks pretty good.

I do think the shoulders are a little boxy looking, but I'm hoping they'll drop once the leather softens. Otherwise I love the fit.

dan_t

Practically Family
Very cool Dave, you should be well pleased!
My FQHH Sheen has started to soften a huge amount in a really short time. I'm certain yours will also soften and shape in no time at all. Enjoy the process & wear the heck out of it!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Dave, the fit looks fine to me. A jacket slightly relaxed will make you :) whereas one too tight will make you :(

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Very cool already, DD. The leather will relax over a couple of months, so I wouldn't worry about the shoulders.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Jacket looks great, if only I hadnt sworn to only own one jacket of each type and this one ist just too similar to my Vanson Stadium for me to go for it :(

Leather will break in within weeks if daily worn. I use to wear in my boxy-stiff jackets at weekends, so I won't get any strange looks at work and they are usually good to go public after only a few weekends.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the pics, Dave, and it's been interesting following the development of your idea. I've thought for a long time that the Happy Days is one of Aero's coolest designs. Cheers to you.

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the reassurance on fit guys, and that the FQHH chromexcel will soften (the first few super stiff wears were a bit weird and had me regretting my leather choice/purchase).

Again, a really big thank you to each and every one of you that helped me through this process, especially dan_t, nick123, HoosierDaddy, Fanch, Sloan1874, Seb Lucas, handymike, tropicalbob, thor, Edward, ProteinNerd, pawineguy, Rudie, wdw, xmr, Superfluous, and Dinerman.

You know that when you buy an Aero Happy Days, you have to post at least one phot of you doing the thumbs-up Fonzy 'Eeeyyyy', right? It's the law.

Sorry Edward. I tried, but I just couldn't pull off the Fonzy 'Eeeyyy'. :eek:

Dave

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Dave, that's a corker of a jacket, well done mate.

FQHH is a shock to the old system when you first put it on, but time and some hard wearing will really reel it in and mould it nicely. Maybe me personally but I've found it softens up after some hard wear. Doesn't hurt to wear it in a rainstorm either.

Just wear and enjoy.

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
How about the "Step into my office!"
Well done Dave, it looks great!

Dave, that's a corker of a jacket, well done mate.

FQHH is a shock to the old system when you first put it on, but time and some hard wearing will really reel it in and mould it nicely. Maybe me personally but I've found it softens up after some hard wear. Doesn't hurt to wear it in a rainstorm either.

Just wear and enjoy.

Cheers guys.

And, c'mon, fess up, you are too standing in front of the mirror with your hair slicked back giving the thumbs up and saying,"Ehhhhh!"

;)

But then really, don't we all do that? ;)

Dave, before you thank us all too hard, just remember..... we're not helpers, we're enablers. ;)

Then thanks for enabling me!

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
Hi guys,

I absolutely love the look of my "Happy Days" jacket, but I'm just finding the FQHH to be too heavy and rigid, so I'm about to order another "Happy Days" with exactly the same measurements as my last one, but this time with a mid-weight leather.

Do you recommend SEAL VICENZA or SEAL JERKY HORSEHIDE (or another mid-weight leather) for the most authentic early 50s look and feel of this original below?

Design Template - FRONT.JPG
Design Template - BACK.JPG

SEAL VICENZA
:

Vicenza - Seal Brown.jpg

SEAL JERKY HORSEHIDE
:

Seal Jerky Horsehide.jpg

Cheers,
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads