Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown '1957 Legend'...Excited About It!

Nevada Smith

New in Town
Hello, new member here, L.G. Smith. Illustrator by trade; fishing & hunting magazines and books. It was a combination of excitement over the new IJ film and a desire for a new (old) fishing hat that led me to Camptown Hat Co., and Ken Spassionne's new '1957 Legend'.
I ordered one, after a phone conversation with Mr. Spassione. I was MOST impressed with this kind fellow: his devotion to the quality hatter's trade, his ease in speaking honestly with a stranger, ...and his ebullient and positive attitude toward life, hats, and - honestly - all of you. He loves this stuff; and urged me to join this site.
I appreciate attention to detail (purely from an artist's standpoint), and am enthralled by your wonderfully eccentric take on fedoras and their rightful place...
Ken is devoted to preserving the integrity and history of the fine fedora, and I'm mighty proud to have met him...and you!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the Lounge. By all accounts, you've made an excellent choice with Camptown. Please share your thoughts when you get it.

I'm sure members would like to see some of your illustration work over in the Display Case.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
You have chosen... Wisely.

Welcome to the Lounge Smith! Enjoy your stay in a fantastic Community!
You're going to love your new lid. Be sure to post the pics when you get your Legend.
By the way, since you're out by Reno, take a trip out to Virginia City and check out a hat shop called The Red Garter. There are some great hats in there that have fedora possibilities.
Again, welcome and enjoy your new Camptown! Ken is a great guy to be sure.

Cheers!

Dan

Nevada Smith

New in Town
"Camptown Racetrack 5 Miles Long..."

Thank you, fellows, for your kindness and instant brotherhood. Rare these days for a cold call to become such a warm connection.
Will definitely post pix of the Camptown '1957' when it arrives. (I just hope I look half as good in it as RBH in his photo!) Am between compatible scanners now, so must wait to post any pictures. But thank you for asking after the illustrations...(as I tell the publishers, "Keep the money..pay me compliments!")

JerseyJones

Vendor
Nevada Smith said:
Thank you, fellows, for your kindness and instant brotherhood. Rare these days for a cold call to become such a warm connection.
Will definitely post pix of the Camptown '1957' when it arrives. (I just hope I look half as good in it as RBH in his photo!) Am between compatible scanners now, so must wait to post any pictures. But thank you for asking after the illustrations...(as I tell the publishers, "Keep the money..pay me compliments!")

Welcome to the Party, LG ! Good to have you aboard !

Ken

ProfessorShak

New in Town
Welcome to the Camptown family!! :eusa_clap

You will not be disappointed with Ken's work. Out of all the hats I have owned, my 1936 Fieldmaster is my pride and joy. Its a joy to wear as I get compliments all the time, the color is great, and it feels so good sometimes I just hold it, heck I wanna hug it :p
With the "Legend", Ken's hats only got better and I hope you will find as much joy in it as I do my "Fieldmaster"

Welcome

Cheers

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
*NEWS FLASH*

Ken just called and said that his new Adventurebilt style blocks should be delivered by Monday! They are en route to him now and with any luck, may even be in tomorrow! Stay tuned for more details as they become available.

Good new indeed!

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Good News!!

Well, I just got off the phone with Ken. The hat bodies & blocks are in!:eusa_clap Good news indeed! Now, just remember folks, those of us who have something on order need to follow-up soon (like by tomorrow) & get our hat sizes to him. He is doing his best, but don't be too dissapointed if your lid isn't there for the premier. A modicum of patience is all he asks.
So if you have any questions, be sure to either PM, e-mail or simply give him a call.

Cheers!

Dan

RBH

Bartender
DanielJones said:
Well, I just got off the phone with Ken. The hat bodies & blocks are in!:eusa_clap Good news indeed! Now, just remember folks, those of us who have something on order need to follow-up soon (like by tomorrow) & get our hat sizes to him. He is doing his best, but don't be too dissapointed if your lid isn't there for the premier. A modicum of patience is all he asks.
So if you have any questions, be sure to either PM, e-mail or simply give him a call.

Cheers!

Dan
sounds great..

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Exciting news today for those who have a 1957 Legend on order. Straight from the Factory! After numerous calls to the boiling point we have this. :)

Ken,

Your hats will be started on Monday and finished before the week is out!!!!

Thanks,

Stuart

It's looking like we'll see our Legends very soon, maybe even a demo #1 to wet our appetites. :)
I'm very excited about this news for sure! :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
It sure would be great to see a pic of one on Ken's site!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Colby: Ken has had some family matters to take care of lately so there may be a wee delay in getting any pics of the prototype, but rest assured they 1957 Legend is on it's way soon. I think when Ken get one of the first ones bashed he will put some pics on his site to show off the new line real proper like. I'm as anxious as any one to see his new interpretation of the iconic looking hat.

Pat: The Metropolitan is every bit the neat hat as the Fieldmaster. I own both and wear both on a regular basis. They are a joy.

Cheers!

Dan

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Oh I know he'll get the pics up...I'm just anxious to see them. I bet Ken's a mess with the new baby in the house...Been there...done that...:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo