Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

camptown # 21 Indy brown

dostacos

Practically Family
just arrived minutes ago, son took a quick shot
camptown.jpg

dostacos

Practically Family
thanks,

Ken of Camptown was kind enough to give it the bash.

not sure if he always bashes. reading his web site it sounds like that is an extra. Love the hat [1936 Fieldmaster] and I will be getting his 1945 Metropolitan Gray fedora

happy to finally be part of the "hat squad":D

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations!:eusa_clap Looks great!! Be sure to post more photos over in the Camptown thread!
So what are your thoughts on the Fieldmaster and your dealings with Ken?

Cheers!

Dan

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man o' MAn that is one sweet lid!

I have been lusting after one o' these ever since I first laid eyes on it. Someday I'll get together the scratch. I always wanted a hat made in Irvington. (Where my ole da' was born). Very nice acquisition, indeed!

fatwoul

Practically Family
DanielJones said:
Congratulations!:eusa_clap Looks great!! Be sure to post more photos over in the Camptown thread!

Cheers!

Dan

Yeah Dostacos if you get a chance give the hat a review - we want to know all the details.

I posted the next bit over at COW too, but...

Does anybody know the currect Camptown situation? I wasn't expecting to see any new Fieldmasters or Metros for a while, following Ken's recent news over on COW, but Dostacos' new hat gets me wondering if the rest of us with Camptowns pending should continue to expect our hats in the next while.

Obviously, in the face of everything the bloke is dealing with right now, hats matter not, but it'd be good to know, simply because Royal Mail aren't always too great at this end, so it helps to keep track of parcels.

Like I said over there, the felt on these lids looks gorgeous. I know you didn't work it yourself, Dostacos, but go on and tease us - how lovely is this felt to the touch? What's it like to wear?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Dostacos great hat!
Fatwoul, I PM'd ken last week and he said he was going to be working on mine this week. Of course that was before he posted. But if I get mine in the next week or two then he must still be working on them. He definitely must have a lot on his plate though with family and new job.

fatwoul

Practically Family
indycop said:
Dostacos great hat!
Fatwoul, I PM'd ken last week and he said he was going to be working on mine this week. Of course that was before he posted. But if I get mine in the next week or two then he must still be working on them. He definitely must have a lot on his plate though with family and new job.

Oh absolutely, it wasn't a criticism, and I really hope nobody took it as such. He's a great guy to deal with, and I'm sure when my hat arrives it will be just as fantastic as I expect it to be.

dostacos

Practically Family
DanielJones said:

Cheers!

Dan
Ken has been under a bit of not hat stress, he started a new job and got some bad news about his son [he posted on COW].

I bought the hat right when he was getting rid of his discount, I chose wisely [size] do to some delays he offered me a Metro now and the fieldmaster later, but I had not found this place yet and did not buy both:eusa_doh: the hat arrived in a nice box to store it in....ah actually I think I will store it on top of my campaign hat :D

I am pleased enough that I will be getting his metro as soon as I can. [actually I may bash it myself so it does not have the teardrop.]

just remember he is in this for the love of fedoras not to get rich :eusa_clap

dostacos

Practically Family
fatwoul said:
Yeah Dostacos if you get a chance give the hat a review - we want to know all the details.

I posted the next bit over at COW too, but...

Does anybody know the currect Camptown situation? I wasn't expecting to see any new Fieldmasters or Metros for a while, following Ken's recent news over on COW, but Dostacos' new hat gets me wondering if the rest of us with Camptowns pending should continue to expect our hats in the next while.

Obviously, in the face of everything the bloke is dealing with right now, hats matter not, but it'd be good to know, simply because Royal Mail aren't always too great at this end, so it helps to keep track of parcels.

Like I said over there, the felt on these lids looks gorgeous. I know you didn't work it yourself, Dostacos, but go on and tease us - how lovely is this felt to the touch? What's it like to wear?
I think he had several hats, built but not bashed, and has sent out several, mine shipped on the 15th parcel post NOT the fasted BUT it got here looking good.

As for the hat itself. the pinch is slightly off center since I said I wanted a tight pinch Indy bash and since I could not tell a SA from a on SA I love the pinch.

I did use the included pad so I probably could fudge and do a 7 1/2 on a good hat. cheap one's I really need a 7 5/8.

when you peel down the sweat band it has model + # + his signature, as I said mine is #21

As this is the first good hat [other than my Akubra slouch hat] I cannot say, but I of course will be wearing it to the Queen Mary [and will probably spend as much time with it off showing it off as on:D ]

did I say I really love this hat?

Dan

Ripper

Familiar Face
Nice lid indeed. Not to steal any thunder but here is mt 1945 Metro from Ken. A stand up guy ! I cannot recommend him enough ! It has a C Dent crown.
hat011ea1.jpg

hat003qj1.jpg

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Any advice on how to get the better half to let me buy one just like yours when I just weeks ago got a brown Fed. Deluxe? I mean to her it's the same color so it's the same hat, you know?
;)

Looks fantastic Dostacos :eusa_clap

dostacos

Practically Family
HamletJSD said:
Any advice on how to get the better half to let me buy one just like yours when I just weeks ago got a brown Fed. Deluxe? I mean to her it's the same color so it's the same hat, you know?
;)

Looks fantastic Dostacos :eusa_clap

well, diamonds are a girls best friend.....

in my case it had to do with losing 30 pounds now if I can drop the next 30 3 more times I get a Wested jacket :rolleyes:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fatwoul said:
Oh absolutely, it wasn't a criticism, and I really hope nobody took it as such. He's a great guy to deal with, and I'm sure when my hat arrives it will be just as fantastic as I expect it to be.

I think he said he was gonna send me yours to hold me over until mine was finished!lol :D

fatwoul

Practically Family
dostacos said:
I think he had several hats, built but not bashed, and has sent out several, mine shipped on the 15th parcel post NOT the fasted BUT it got here looking good...

Ah OK. The only thing he's doing with mine is a dimensional cut - Hopefully he'll remember to leave the crown open as that's the bit I want to have fun doing myself!

Did your hatbox not have a dent in it? You should probably take it outside and boot it around your garden a little bit. Hatboxes have to have dents in them - it's tradition!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fatwoul said:
Ah OK. The only thing he's doing with mine is a dimensional cut - Hopefully he'll remember to leave the crown open as that's the bit I want to have fun doing myself!

Did your hatbox not have a dent in it? You should probably take it outside and boot it around your garden a little bit. Hatboxes have to have dents in them - it's tradition!
Yours just had a dent? Mine looked like it was hit by a mortar round! Somebody at the post office doesn't like boxes from australia!

fatwoul

Practically Family
indycop said:
Yours just had a dent? Mine looked like it was hit by a mortar round! Somebody at the post office doesn't like boxes from australia!

I already told you it's the HatsDirect kangaroo. Ron feeds him on prunes so he always has a bellyache, which makes him good and angry. They keep him in a shed with all their empty boxes, and he kicks them about until they take one out to put a hat in it. That's why our hats are beautiful and unscathed but the boxes look like...

...well, like they've been kicked by a gassy kangaroo. :D

dostacos

Practically Family
fatwoul said:

oh it kinda looks like it has been rode hard and put up wet :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart