Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown Metro...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
I keep going to Ken's site...and fixating on those hats...and it's both of them...they just look like the perfect pair.....My gosh...I'm drooling again...:eek:
Yes Fatwoul...When is the big day?...
I'm still going to get the Fed first to play with...and then I'll find a way to order both of those Camptowns.
Tomorrow I'll be scanning those images of my grandfather's hat...and we'll see what we can come up with...I know the picture's were from 1942 and then '54.
Cheers
CJ

Hmmnn! I replied on this last night but its not here? Anyway 42 to 54 that makes the camptown metro 1945 perfect for you!!!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I read some concern about being able to get that tight pinch in the crown of a Fieldmaster. If you look at my Fieldmaster that I have posted here on FL and over at COW you'll see it has a rather tight razor pinch to it. It's not hard at all to acheive the proper pinch, it just takes a little extra effort and some steam to set it for sure. Don't be afraid to give that sucker a good squeeze, you won't harm it since the felt is of high quality. I plan on doing the same pinch on my Metropolitan when it arives.

Cheers!

Dan

funneman

Practically Family
deanglen said:
My signature translated:

"In quietness and in trust shall be your strength"
Is 30:15c RSV

I got it from Lucas Cranach's potrait of Martin Luther that I was using as an avatar for a while. Luther is my personal hero.
http://www.luthertour.com/luther.html

dean

Mine to, Deanglen. A man with a temendous faith and a lot of courage.

Welcome Marcelle, great hat. I really like the flat brim too. Makes it look very unique.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Indycop...

I think you're right about the 2 Camptowns...I was pretty busy today and didn't have a chance to do what I needed with those pics...but I can say it's a serious diamond crown and a straight pinch down the front. Where's my potato chip bag clip and my distilled water...
cj

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Don't laugh but I used distilled water and a chip clip on my federation!

Nothing to laugh at. I think that was the very method that Prairie Jones over at COW used for his Fed. I believe there were a couple of others that used a small pencil and clothespins as well. For me I found a liberal amount of steam and a good tweak with the fingers did the trick. Then it was a matter of futzing with it along the way that set it just right.

PICT1627.jpg

PICT1629.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
I think you're right about the 2 Camptowns...I was pretty busy today and didn't have a chance to do what I needed with those pics...but I can say it's a serious diamond crown and a straight pinch down the front. Where's my potato chip bag clip and my distilled water...
cj
Make sure you get the clip off a good bag of chips so you can eat them while the pinch is setting in!!!:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
Nothing to laugh at. I think that was the very method that Prairie Jones over at COW used for his Fed. I believe there were a couple of others that used a small pencil and clothespins as well. For me I found a liberal amount of steam and a good tweak with the fingers did the trick. Then it was a matter of futzing with it along the way that set it just right.

PICT1627.jpg

PICT1629.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Dan you can't keep showing that camptown all willy nilly!! You are going to make me order a fieldmaster and I have'nt even got my metro yet!:eusa_doh: :fedora:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:

PICT1627.jpg

PICT1629.jpg

Cheers!

Dan
I had to take another look! the felt looks awesome as well as the dimensional cut!:eusa_clap

fatwoul

Practically Family
DanielJones said:
...I believe there were a couple of others that used a small pencil and clothespins as well...

Hey that's what I've done! And I didn't read it anywhere, I just worked it out myself. :D

fatwoul

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:
I would just get chip crumbs all in the hat...:eusa_doh: ;)
cj

Wouldn't matter. They would just bounce off the liner. Camptown liners have magical properties. They also cure the common cold.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fatwoul said:
Wouldn't matter. They would just bounce off the liner. Camptown liners have magical properties. They also cure the common cold.
It comes from the beaver, rabbit, unicorn blend felt he uses! :cool2:

Colby Jack use the chip clip then turn the hat over and dump the chips in the hat. Gives it a distressed look and makes it smell like your favorite brand. lol

T

Thumbs

Thanks so much, Fatwoul. That's the last of the pictures I took that came out OK, the rest were terrible. I'll try to get a few pics of it on my melon, soon. But it won't be pretty...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda