Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone identify this Stetson

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
I really love this hat. I would like to buy the same hat in black, but I'd like to know which model it is. It is not vintage. I bought it about three years ago. It is sage green. The band is marked Royal Stetson. The crown is 4 1/8, and the brim is 2 1/4.

Can anyone identify the model?

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

Duck

Practically Family
I say Stetson Downs, too. I have a Downs that exact same color. Nice hat that I wear quite a bit.

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
Hmm... I paid about $80 for it, and thought that was high at the time. I was at that shop this weekend and they don't have that style any more.

I guess I need to hunt more.

Thanks for helping with the model name!

carldelo

One Too Many
Definitely a Downs, many vendors sell it (e.g. Village Hat Shop has it in stock in black).

Bencraft Hatters carries the Ashland, which is exactly the same as a Downs (and the same price), but with an underwelt brim. I have two and like them quite a bit, they are good everyday hats. I prefer a welted brim to a raw edge.
http://www.bencrafthats.com/product.php?pid=253&subcname=Stetson
BTW the max size listed is 7-5/8, but mine are both 7-3/4, I bought them in person and they were in the back somewhere.

For a little more cash, you can get a Chatham, which is exactly the same hat in terms of dimensions, but in higher quality Sovereign felt - it's noticeably nicer than Sovereign. The $80 price is long gone, fur felt prices have gone up - my Chatham was $110 a few years ago, and now sells for $160 most places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy