Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can someone please help me find this type of leather jacket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@navetsea , I'll do mine tomorrow so we can compare things and come up with the most precise sketch for the jacket. 5* will have it easy for once.

EDIT: Mine is wrong, too... But I understand the sleeve now. It's a peculiar 90's sleeve stitching solution that I am aware of. I know how it works now.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Thats the sleeve I think

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211221-075546_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211221-075546_Gallery.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 1,102
I'm kind of running on a couple of zolpidems at this moment so I'm not sure what's what in general - but - I don't think the sleeve has three stitches. I mean, sides. But your drawing is moving rn which tells me it's time to go to sleep as drawings can't move so I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. I know I have a jacket that's also stitched the same way & I don't recall it having three panels. Weirdass 90's patterns...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Screenshot_20211221-082510_Gallery.jpg

From the rear view with him shooting i see rear seam along the elbow and from the lifted arm I see the inside seam, both looked like just blind seam single stitched from inside, the outer seam is the most visible and top stitched with the rear side sewn over the front panel so a cuff tab can't be sewn there. So the tab must be placed on the top rear panel and opposite snap is on the bottom panel right after the seam since the folding of the cuff is right at or immediately after the back/ along the elbow seam. That is my theory of course.

as for my theory of the belt loop is
how can you mount a thick tab like that on a blind seam without top stitching? from the scene where he open the trunk you can see the elbow seam is blind stitched, and you also see the tab sticking out (we don't see how or where it is mounted there), but since it is sticking out like that it seems like it is stitched on itself over the cuff, so when it is not secured under (theorized) the loop it will be sticking out like that.

but the truth is out there as usual.

Last edited:

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
Two questions:

1.) Am I wrong in assuming that the shoulder seams in the drawing seem just a tiny bit lower than where they should be on the original? I know in the original it's very low, but could it be a bit too low in this drawing? In the end it probably won't matter anyway because the specific dimensions will be added to a drawing, but it's 03:25 AM here in Germany and my mind could be playing tricks on me. See these three pics to know what I'm getting at...

cvCvtVC.png

5kbtZUD.png

4XVwqol.png

In the first pic they seem extremely low almost exactly like in your drawing, whereas in the other two pics they seem a bit higher, which only means it's an angle thing, and also how he moves, whether the jacket slides a bit forward or whatever... in other words; when I think about it now, I believe you were pretty much spot on. Thoughts?

2.) Does it really make that much of a difference if the cuff thing has a "belt loop" feature or if what we think is the loop is just an additional seam where the cuff starts? I mean purely from a practical perspective, screen accuracy being irrelevant at this particular point, would I be able to "tighten" the sleeve significantly regardless if it's with a belt loop or without one? The more important thing IMO here would be where to place the stud in order to tighten the sleeve, because there seems to be a big difference in the "look" of the jacket whether it's tighten or not tightened.

In the sequence where he walks towards the car and opens the trunk, there is nothing tightened and the sleeves appear enormously long, half of his fingers barely visible. But when you look at this picture below... it's from the sequence where the sleeves are tightened, and you can see pretty much his entire fist:

HcmeujB.png

Like... it appears in only that photo above, that the sleeves are actually shorter than the total length of the jacket, whereas in the previous images with the non-tightened sleeves, the sleeve length appears to be on the same level as the total jacket length. Meaning specifically, if you do not tighten the sleeves, and relax your hands, the sleeve "ends" will be almost exactly on the end of the jacket length.

And in the part where he shoots the guy the sleeves appear to be tightened, but I'm not 100% sure because unfortunately that one is filmed from a far distance.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
The ball of the shoulder can move up and down while the jacket stay in place, just based on your pose alone your arm can look shorter or longer under the sleeve.
Also angle of the photo the one above the angle is low, so the sleeve appear shorter, another shot with higher angle will make the sleeve longer than the jacket body.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I purposefully re enginered the drop sleeve with curve at the biswing gusset and make the sleeve post more toward the front to reduce the chest excess material around the underarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore