Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can someone please help me find this type of leather jacket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

born113

One of the Regulars
I was already looking for a similar jacket. But I couldn't find an answer. bj-03+.jpg bj-04.jpg bj-02.jpg
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...r-about-outerwear.102916/page-77#post-2873467

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
That looks like a combination of these two maybe:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193635654009
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193674086118

... or maybe not.

If you can't find it, get the most similar one that pleases you, or get it custom made. There are no other options, as you can see from this thread right here.

born113

One of the Regulars
By the way. Regarding the large size of the jacket in the movie. I am absolutely sure that this is the same leather as on my jacket. These jackets stretch very much over several years of wearing. The new jacket looked like slender armor. These jackets had a detachable quilted lining. And the weight of such a jacket is exactly more than five kilograms.
Again. All images show a very old (at least 5 years old) jacket. This is 2-3 sizes larger than when it was new.

f2002q

One of the Regulars
Another idea is for you to basically design the jacket. If you know somebody that has experience with fashion sketching or drawing and can help you create the pattern, it would go a long way to getting your dream jacket made by 5* leather. I think the consensus is that they do a superb job when they have a pattern to sew.

Good luck and definitely post the results here. I think there are a lot of people (me included) that are itching to see the result!!!

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
By the way. Regarding the large size of the jacket in the movie. I am absolutely sure that this is the same leather as on my jacket. These jackets stretch very much over several years of wearing. The new jacket looked like slender armor. These jackets had a detachable quilted lining. And the weight of such a jacket is exactly more than five kilograms.
Again. All images show a very old (at least 5 years old) jacket. This is 2-3 sizes larger than when it was new.
Hmm. AFAIK it is lamb skin, which is very soft, that can stretch very easily. And leathers like cowhide or steerhide do not really lose their shape that much. Someone correct me if I'm wrong? I find it hard to believe that a jacket can "grow" two to three sizes larger after five years, even if it's lamb.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
Another idea is for you to basically design the jacket. If you know somebody that has experience with fashion sketching or drawing and can help you create the pattern, it would go a long way to getting your dream jacket made by 5* leather. I think the consensus is that they do a superb job when they have a pattern to sew.

Good luck and definitely post the results here. I think there are a lot of people (me included) that are itching to see the result!!!
You've skipped most of the thread - and understandably so, since it's quite long - but I've already agreed on having it custom made, by Five* Leather. But it will take a while for me to get measurements I want including detailed descriptions of details important to me, along with a drawing if possible. I don't want to rush this. :)

f2002q

One of the Regulars
You've skipped most of the thread - and understandably so, since it's quite long - but I've already agreed on having it custom made, by Five* Leather. But it will take a while for me to get measurements I want including detailed descriptions of details important to me, along with a drawing if possible. I don't want to rush this. :)

Oh no, I didn't skip a single bit of this thread !!! Very interesting...

What I meant to say is that if you give 5* fashion drawings with your measurements it will go a long way to avoid misunderstandings. From the experience of other forum members, the more information you provide to them, the better the results. There is an art to creating these sketches! It can only help.

Formeruser012524

One of the Regulars
Oh no, I didn't skip a single bit of this thread !!! Very interesting...

What I meant to say is that if you give 5* fashion drawings with your measurements it will go a long way to avoid misunderstandings. From the experience of other forum members, the more information you provide to them, the better the results. There is an art to creating these sketches! It can only help.
I totally understand you. Exact measurements and pointing out the important details ("priorities") is the key here. They have also agreed, since this is an unusual jacket, that they send me a sort of prototype first, out of cheap fabric, something that can I wear only to see if further adjustments need to be made. Someone on this forum actually suggested this, and Five* agreed to it and thought it was a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart