Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canadians in the Lounge?

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
Born and raised in the GTA, now living in the city. Here comes winter, I saw snow on the ground in the morning a couple times last week.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Kassia said:
Hahahaha,,, i grew up in the Uplands and went to Oak Bay Secondary School.. They don't really have much class or culture there but they sure do think they do... A very pretentious lot they are...
Oak Bay is just like where WarBaby lives.. No difference there in the number of retired folks.. As we used to say when i lived in Victoria, "It's a place for the newlyweds or the nearly deads." I am not sure if that's really the case now but it sure was when i lived ther some 21 years ago.. i couldn't wait to leave!!!

We spent three of the happiest years of our lives in Victoria. Truly a wonderful city. I may be presumptuous, but I feel that perhaps you, like many "homegrowns" (and this is applicable everywhere), don't appreciate what you have. See it through the eyes of a new arrival, perhaps you'll learn to like it! We're a military family, so we were forced to leave, but would go back in a New York minute if we could.

Oh, I'm in Ottawa currently but soon leaving the CF to go home to Stratford, Ontario!

shindeco

A-List Customer
*martini*time* said:
Born and raised in Canada! Proudly Edmontonian! (actually Sherwood Park-ian) but no one knows where that is ;)

Some of us know!
Born and raised in Alberta -- did my undergrad in Edmonton

Now in Vancouver (lived in Victoria for 8 years; one advantage of having so many retirees is that there tends to be a lot of good stuff in the thrift stores!!)

Justdog

Practically Family
Sherwood park

*martini*time* said:
Born and raised in Canada! Proudly Edmontonian! (actually Sherwood Park-ian) but no one knows where that is ;)

Yes I know Sherwood park. I worked for a company called Sherwood arches, they built Quonset barns.

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
London

or 'little london' as my one friend now living in the UK calls it.
SW Ontario born 'n' raised.

Montresor

New in Town
*martini*time* said:

I know where Sherwood Park is...I'm an Edmontonian myself.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
St.Ignatz said:
:eek:fftopic: My wife and I will be in Toronto in about a week and a half. Is a night in Guelph at a B&B with a visit to Biltmore Hats worth a go?
Tom D.

I wonder if you made the trip to Biltmore's? Sorry, I didn't see your post until now, hope you made it out there! Guelph's a cute little town on its own, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ