Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canadians in the Lounge?

olive bleu

One Too Many
Right..SUNNY winterpeg.lol ...I lived in winnipeg for 2 years, but missed the ocean and quickly moved back east. Now living in foggy Halifax.(Ciad Mille Failte!) I always love seeing a new Canuck around:)

alphy27

One of the Regulars
I'm only a second generation American. If I'm not mistaken that means , according to Canada's immigration and naturalization web site, I could have an easier time of getting citizenship. This is actually something I've thought about. Both of our countries recognize duel citizenship. Even my adult children have considered this. I like the idea of bringing my family's blood line back to the homeland.

Ace Fedora

Familiar Face
Six months late, but only just found this thread.. :)

Custom79 said:
I'm up here in sunny Winterpeg and wondering where the other Canadians in the FL are from.

Another Winnipegger here.

Gee, that makes at least three -- we almost have enough for an event!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Future Canuckastanian here...

My wife was born in Calgary & went to school in Sk....and we visit whenever we are able.
I tell everyone I meet that I may've been BORN in Iowa but I will-by-Gawd die in Canada. We keep looking for the right time to relocate.

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
I'm not Canadian, but I'm going to school in Halifax.

Good enough to earn you an honored visitor status. I am from Winnipeg and the weather here is perfect hat wearing weather year round. Fur felt fall, winter and spring with summers very hot making it Panama season. Glad to see other Peggers here. I love this town. Cheers

Warbaby

One Too Many
I'm out here on not-so-tropical Vancouver Island where style is nonexistant and nothing is old but the people. Still, it's a way better place to be than a whole lot of other places I can think of south of the border.

OTOH, it's pretty amusing to dress in classic style in a place where the norm is beach town retirement community casual and dressing well is conspicuous and unconventional. Most people assume you must be somebody important - the rest just think you're strange. Either way is ok with me.

(Disclaimer: I'm not Canadian yet, but I'm married to one and I know when to put 'eh' at the end of a sentence. :D )

carter

I'll Lock Up
Akubra Man said:
Good enough to earn you an honored visitor status. I am from Winnipeg and the weather here is perfect hat wearing weather year round. Fur felt fall, winter and spring with summers very hot making it Panama season. Glad to see other Peggers here. I love this town. Cheers

What temperature in Halifax equates to "very hot"? I may decide to relocate. :)

shortbow

Practically Family
Warbaby, sounds like you need a trip down to Victoria for high tea at the Empress, with a side trip to Oak Bay and a drive through the Uplands. Oh-- and don't forget to stop by Morriss Tobacconists. I know they're trying to clone S. California everywhere in Canada, but there's remnants of the old and stylish if you know where to look.

Chas

One Too Many
Vancouver, British Columbia. I was born on the Sunshine Coast, a little place called Powell River. I think that I'm just about the only person I know (in my immediate social circle anyway) of that is a native British Columbian.

Soon to be relocating to a new place to live, though. Vancouver doesn't do it for me anymore. No culture and the town has sold it's soul. All glass, steel and concrete; condos, coffee shops and more condos.

Blech.

classyguy

Familiar Face
I was born and raised in and around Windsor, Ontario, just across the border from Detriot.

Home of the new Caesars Windsor and Hiram Walkers Distillery (Canadian Club).

Kassia

One of the Regulars
shortbow said:
Warbaby, sounds like you need a trip down to Victoria for high tea at the Empress, with a side trip to Oak Bay and a drive through the Uplands. Oh-- and don't forget to stop by Morriss Tobacconists. I know they're trying to clone S. California everywhere in Canada, but there's remnants of the old and stylish if you know where to look.

Hahahaha,,, i grew up in the Uplands and went to Oak Bay Secondary School.. They don't really have much class or culture there but they sure do think they do... A very pretentious lot they are...
Oak Bay is just like where WarBaby lives.. No difference there in the number of retired folks.. As we used to say when i lived in Victoria, "It's a place for the newlyweds or the nearly deads." I am not sure if that's really the case now but it sure was when i lived ther some 21 years ago.. i couldn't wait to leave!!!

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
carter said:
What temperature in Halifax equates to "very hot"? I may decide to relocate. :)

Summers in Winnipeg have have a couple of weeks in July running around 32C which converts to about 90F. Then temps settle in around 30C which converts to about 85F. August runs in the range of 30C to 25C which is between 85 to 77. Winnipeg is big blue prairie sky country and we have more sunny days than any other city in Canada. Our winters though are another story with temps running on the low end between - 20C to -30C which is from around -4F to -22F and even with some days colder. Got to wear a hat in Winnipeg in the winter for survival.

Miles Borocky

Familiar Face
I'm one too--a Canadian, that is. Southwestern Ontario-born and raised, Alberta-educated. Now an ex-pat in West Texas. Talk about sunny and hot!

Bluebird

New in Town
Add one more to the bunch. Lived in a few places. Born in Thunder Bay (before it was Thunder Bay--uh oh, that's dating me...erp!), spent a year in Hamilton then six in Calgary. THEN moved to my current location just outside Toronto (GTA). I have decided that I am no longer moving. Unless of course I win the lottery...then we'll talk...;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo