Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canvas Sports Shoes

4Mica

New in Town
I would have bought some but they only offer up to size 12.
My friends and I always called these type of shoes "buddies" back in high school in the 80s when we would buy them from thrift stores. We also coveted vintage Jack Purcell's back then.

D

Deleted member 259

Mycroft said:
but I got a pare of solid black converse, that look like shoes from the 60's and they go with almost anything. I highly recomed them.

I have a pair of black converse too. I work in a scene shop, so the best way to keep my look is with converse, capris, and my hair up in a bandana. Occasionally I have to trade the chucks in for steel-toed boots though.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I was a Red Ball Jets man myself. Remember 'Run faster...Jump Higher with Red Ball jets!" Well, it was a lie. :rolleyes: ;) Still, that red ball tag on the heel of the shoe was a status symbol at my grade school! Regards. Michaelson

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
mc0001br.gif

Converse are period too.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I'm AMAZED what regular old high top Converse canvas shoes are selling for now, though I'm sure that the 2005 price is comparable to the 1960 price ratio, but still.....

Last pair I saw on sale was $38.00! :eek: I'm sure they're probably higher on the West Coast.

Regards. Michaelson

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Anyone know an online store that I can pick up a pair of Keds Triumphs for that will ship international? I can't seem to find anywhere that is willing to ship them across an excessively large body of water.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Re: the Jack Purcells...

Jack Purcells have been made fairly faithfully for years but have recently been "improved", so be advised, they're not what they used to be- unless you can find an old stock pair. But- those PF FLyers sure are a nice pair of vintage sneakers.

BT.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I had a pair of 'em all black converses, but I wouldn't rebuy 'em. Classic style they are, but a good shoe? Not in my opinion. It disintegrated within half a year.

Not vintage, but I stick to these shoes in all casual situations: the royal elastics (black and white) I've owned for over a year and have yet to show any wear. The rockports I bought a few months ago and are the epitome of comfort.
http://www.cjmall.com/item_images/44/907644M.jpg
http://dsp.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-1148629dt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass