Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canvas Sports Shoes

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I just ordered a pair of the Keds Triumphs in a size 9. It's shipping to my dad's office, which is forwarding it to Taiwan. Hope it fits! I tried on some Pro-Keds at the store and the size 9 fit me pretty well, but they didn't have the triumphs.

I usually wear Chuck Taylor's in natural/beige canvas, but after some more excessive athletic wear in PE, they are starting to tear at some seams, and a hole has started to grow.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Rubber stamp?

It seems that only Pf Flyers keeps the rubber stamp on the ankle and a engraved rubber on the heel. Does Keds still use blue rubber on their heel logo? Converse only prints it on now, I think.

swinggal

One Too Many
I have a pair of white Jack Purcells, the 'smiley face' replicas from the 30's. I don't find them as comfy and my Keds though.

Dunlop, the British shoe company also remade a sneaker that was worn in Wimbeldon comps in the 30s called the 'Green Flash'. I have a pair of those and I love them.

http://www.dunlop-greenflash.de/green_e/legend.html

Dunlop shoes began in 1929 with the first Footwear model, the 'Green Flash', which attained fame through Fred Perrys Wimbledon victories. It became a best seller with more than 25 million sold.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I remember the Dunlops illustrated at that link from the '70s, definitely not the '30s model. I had a pair of those ones in the '70s
Did they actually make some '30s style ones?

I still think the PF Flyers sre the coolest vintage style sneakers available.

B
T

swinggal

One Too Many
5.36F4!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

6.3986!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
Where did you order the Keds from and were you able to find a good price? Also, did the size run true to the other shoes you have in the same size?

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I ordered them straight from kedstriumph.com. They size is pretty true, if a bit smaller, as there are only 4 sets of holes to put the laces through, so that fit is different so say, a converse chuck taylor. I wear a size 8 chuck taylor, but bought a 9 keds. I think 8.5 keds might haf fit a bit better, but at the moment, they'll do.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
PF Flyers: "Run Faster and Jump Higher"

Unfortunately, those shoes are only in sizes 10 and above.

I remember PF Flyers as a kid in the 60's. They helped millions of kids "Run Faster and Jump Higher". Remember that? We all got new shoes, and ran up and down the sidewalk, jumping. We really believed that slogan...heck, we felt we could leap over a building and out run a cheeta!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Just got these from Zappos and they are too cool. They just completed my outfit. Leather jacket, linen pants blue dress shirt and now PF Flyers.

They are true to size 10 (as I said before I am a 9 1/2 eee so I went 10 to compensate for width.

They are more comfortable when compared to Converse for the arch support, nice insole. I'll update my findings in a few weeks. First impression is great.

2249-127295-p.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
According to the Converse representative I just spoke to the 1908's are out of production and they are just selling what's left (small sizes), so check Ebay or elswhere.

I posted a pick of a 1946 version above, they have those in bigger sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael