Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canvas Sports Shoes

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Here is another Keds reproduction from the 20's-30's.

http://www.keds.com/shopping/produc...ODUCT&iMainCat=136&iSubCat=137&iProductID=772

mens_bout.jpg

shamus

Suspended
I was hoping Converse would do like Levis did and make the vintage on vintage equipment... molds... in the US.

Guess I'll just have to travel back in time and pick up a pair or two.

KR

Familiar Face
First time poster here.

When I saw this thread I just had to get a pair of the Ringsides. Luckily they had them in my size (11).

Very comfortable, the first casual pair of shoes I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve worn in years!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Welcome to the lounge KR. I still haven't got the ringsides though they are in my queu of things to buy. They are vintage repro casual shoes, what more can i say. I'm tired of wearing modern casual shoes and I wear dress shoes daily, these look like a good change of pace once in a while and I can wear them with dressier clothes. Now to see if they fit.

Show us some pics when you get the chance.

Matt Jones

Familiar Face
I love the look of those Ringsides... sort of a clean "spectator" design in a sports shoe. You're really lucky if you can find a pair in your size.

Looking forword to some "real world" pics of these shoes.

D

Deleted member 259

Love the red & blue socks Matt! Did you intentionaly match them to your tie? :p

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Thanks, They took a few days to break in though they are now a better fit. Had to remember that I could loosen the laces up front to allow more room for my toes.

Softer to walk on than leather soled shoes, like I usually wear, though not as comfortable to walk in as modern trainers. They are great for touring around though I wouldn't use them for sports.

I want to get a pair of the high tops as well, they just look so old school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart