Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canvas Sports Shoes

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I don't wear Converse as they have no arch support and after a bit of wearing they get extremely uncomfortable. The Flyers have support and feel good.

Since PF Flyers are the closest to Converse that I have worn, I have a question about fit

Snug or loose?
Do they stretch a bit? The heel fit is good, though they are a hare snug around my right foot right toes (happens alot as I have hobbit feet). After a long walk last night I noticed no problems. Seeing as I haven't worn many sneekers or sport shoes (I wear dress shoes daily and know how they should fit my foot) How should a sport shoe fit? Should I have alot of space before my toes? should it be not too much space? I'm trying to decide whether I need a size up or should stick with this fit.

"If the shoe fits the foot is forgotten"

shamus

Suspended
I found this picture from my Purdue Yearbook 1946. Here's a player wearing what looks like a pair of converse from 1946...

Belted shorts optional.

basketball46.jpg

Well, as long as they don't slip and aren't crowding your feet too much, it's a good fit. With lightweight shoes like you have, they shouldn't feel too much different than dress shoes, except they should be more comfortable.

Come to think of it, my PF Flyers are a tad tight around my right foot's pinky, as well. I think the main problem is my socks. Nevertheless, I think PF Flyers may be a bit small at the toes.

Have you tried running in your new shoes? They should be comfortable, of course.

Zach R.

Practically Family
They guy at Classic Sports Shoes said that before he packed my PF Flyers up he noticed that they had a scuff on them and he didn't want to send me tainted product. So he is ordering me another pair and they should be here in two weeks from the factory. Talk about good customer service. :cheers1:

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I got the size ten PF Flyers Derby-Lo and loved them for looks and the comfort was okay... much more comfortable than Converse. I sent them back to see what the 10 1/2 was like and now I am waiting for them to return the size 10's as I though the 10 1/2 was too big.

I'll post more on quality after I've worn them for a month... other that that, fit depends on you foot shape.

Zach R.

Practically Family
Sorry, I haven't been on in a while.

My first thought when I put them on was "Wow, these are a lot more comfortable than the converse." :p

My second thought was of surprise, surprise at how wide they seemed to be for an "M" width shoe(not that I am complaining, I have pretty wide feet).

Overall, a really great shoe, and the construction seems to be really solid and the people at PF have a really great eye for detail. On the pair I have, I cannot find any minor defects that you'd usually see on other mass-produced shoes of this type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80