Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care to join my no eating after 7 p.m. (EDIT) or 3 hours before bed thread?

Laraquan

Familiar Face
No eating after 9 p.m. I'll try this. Won't make much difference normally but for the old when-I-drink times. Unfortunately, I always crave snacks when I drink alcohol.

Josephine

One Too Many
But... but... I usually have a cocktail or a beer with some Gruy?®re as a nightcap...

But if it will get me back down to what I was after I lost all that weight, I'm game. :D

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Okay, I'll join up!

All my pictures from the Queen Mary Art Deco Weekend are so enormous, I can't post them! So next year's pics should be better...
Definitely night-time eating is part of it. Carbos in general are evil.
The definition of "two hours before bedtime" works well as bedtime fluctuates for me a LOT as sometimes I work very late playing and driving back from the gig...
I have vintage clothing from size 2 to size 16, so at least i will have something to wear no matter how large I get...

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And a tip...

When hungry, brush your teeth!
Then your mouth feels so nice you don't want to mess it up. Sometimes you are just seeking an oral sensation anyway. And if there is no one handy to kiss...

Kishtu

Practically Family
Is anyone finding that they look worse after losing weight than when they started?

Not that I've ever been anything other than curvy, but I seem to be losing inches off the sides and not in the front :( - my tailored skirts just aren't tailored any more, they're too big in the waist which makes them cling in a most unflattering manner to my tummy.

Slightly vexing when one's tummy muscles are less than admirable.... I shall have to wait for them to catch up :(

jayem

A-List Customer
Shoot, worried about over-eating? Just take Celexa.

I've been on 10mgs for three weeks now and I've lost 17lbs. I have no appetite what-so-ever, plus I get nauseous as heck when I see anything heavy or rich. It's to the point where I literally have to force myself to eat at least ONE meal a day (usually salad since it's light).

I guess it's the unintentional cop-out.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
My reasons now are different from when I started this thread last year. I'm very happy with my weight now. It's actually a health issue. The night, after dinner, is when I eat too much junk.

Since realising I have gone up a dress size since April I have decided to make an effort. My mum and I are taking part in an 'inch loss programme' ('diet' has negative connotations or something, and I have no desire to become obsessed with what I eat lol) and after seeing this thread I've decided that we will do no more evening snacking. We both do it. I think it's a boredom thing. I'll let you know how we get on :D

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
jayem said:

I've been on 10mgs for three weeks now and I've lost 17lbs. I have no appetite what-so-ever, plus I get nauseous as heck when I see anything heavy or rich. It's to the point where I literally have to force myself to eat at least ONE meal a day (usually salad since it's light).

That can't be healthy. And you don't even look big.

jayem

A-List Customer
i_am_the_scruff said:
That can't be healthy. And you don't even look big.

I'm not taking it to lose weight at all. I'm very happy with my size. I've been taking it for anxiety. I guess I'd rather have the weight loss rather than the gain that comes with most anti-depressants, though.

frijoli

One of the Regulars
read up on lower carbohydrate intakes.
I lost 37lbs since November, have 130Cholesterol(from250), blood pressure and heart rate down and feeling great.

Never hungry either!
Also, no snacking after 7:00PM

Clay

pigeon toe

One Too Many
jayem said:

Same thing happened to me with Concerta. I didn't lose so much so fast, but I got down to my lowest weight ever, 107, which was not good. I could only eat Trader Joe's trail mix bars (a few a day) and an occasional bag of popcorn.

It eventually sucked more than what I was using Concerta to treat anyway, so I went off it.

As of right now though, I need to lose some weight! So it's back to walking everywhere and banning ice cream from the freezer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy