Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care to join my no eating after 7 p.m. (EDIT) or 3 hours before bed thread?

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Well I totally screwed up! I split a French Toast Slam at Denny's 12 AM last night with a friend. Oh well! I don't think I'm cut out for this no late night snacking anyway.

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
Annual Party

I am just returned from my annual party-hardy vacation.
The one where we reaffirm thirty-plus years of friendships by staying up until two or three in the morning laughing uproariously at bad jokes while eating excellent snacks (both the of the salty and sugar variety, but mostly my favorite salty ones), washed down with copious amounts of a variety of beers, ales, and porters interspersed by some creative mixes of rum, gin, bourbon, scotch with the occasional white or red wine thrown in to freshen the palate.

I am just returned from my annual party-hardy vacation. The one where I stopped eating before seven and made sure my last porter of the night was finished before eight.
I never apologized or notified.
After seven, I laughed and passed - both food and libations to whomever was to my right.

And I still partied hardy. :p

I am amazed and feeling pretty good about it all! :D

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
pigeon toe said:
Well I totally screwed up! I split a French Toast Slam at Denny's 12 AM last night with a friend. Oh well! I don't think I'm cut out for this no late night snacking anyway.

I'm not cut out for it either which is why I need to do it- for my figure :p . I fell off the wagon last night for the first time, but I am back at it!

Don't give up...

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Leading Edge said:
I am just returned from my annual party-hardy vacation.
The one where we reaffirm thirty-plus years of friendships by staying up until two or three in the morning laughing uproariously at bad jokes while eating excellent snacks (both the of the salty and sugar variety, but mostly my favorite salty ones), washed down with copious amounts of a variety of beers, ales, and porters interspersed by some creative mixes of rum, gin, bourbon, scotch with the occasional white or red wine thrown in to freshen the palate.

I am just returned from my annual party-hardy vacation. The one where I stopped eating before seven and made sure my last porter of the night was finished before eight.
I never apologized or notified.
After seven, I laughed and passed - both food and libations to whomever was to my right.

And I still partied hardy. :p

I am amazed and feeling pretty good about it all! :D
Now that's what I call will power! :eusa_clap

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Maj.Nick Danger said:
That's the spirit,...always wear your seatbelt on that wagon. :)

It's on!

Something that helps me is doing extra housework in the evening. I'm mopping, polishing, basically things to keep me moving and not thinking of food. I also took a hot bubble bath which was nice. I haven't weighed in again yet. I want to wait a while more.

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
PrettySquareGal said:
It's on!

Something that helps me is doing extra housework in the evening. I'm mopping, polishing, basically things to keep me moving and not thinking of food. I also took a hot bubble bath which was nice. I haven't weighed in again yet. I want to wait a while more.

I agree.
I have thought to wait for three to four weeks or more before making a (another) recording of weight.

I would not expect to see a weight change of any meaning before four to six weeks if the lifestyle change I had made been alternating strength with endurance days. Why should making a lifestyle change in length of habitual fasting time have more frequency than that?

Of course, my answer may not be four to six weeks; it may be as soon as I cannot keep from knowing what the weight change has been or if there was one - or worse case scenario that the weight change was negative, as in I gained weight.

I know from several past experiences that establishing a new weight thresh happens when the thinking has semi-annual and quarterly comparisons. I would hazard that even annual has a place on that kind of time line. I might wait until I notice a difference when I buy seasonal clothes.

I like the idea of keeping busy during wakeful part of fasting! Those little tidy-up tasks as well as the mental attendedness/intendedness of relaxation are great activities to wind down a day in the life.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Geez, they want my name, age and a dozen particulars to see it. :eusa_doh:
If its that bizzare, I don't think its worth it. :p

Huh?? You must have clicked on an ad or something, because I can access the site fine without divulging anything.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
To view the video they send me here:
http://travel.discovery.com/tv/bizarre-foods/user-video/index.html
[huh]
Having seen people in China eating live mice after dipping them in a vinegar sauce, I doubt this one can top that. :eek:

Oh I see, to watch the video you have to submit your SAT scores, etc. Well, trust me, it's GROSS! Yesterday's menu: mosquito eggs, maggots, ant "caviar" (eggs)...:confused:

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
Lost it

After overcoming all the anticipated temptations, I lost it yesterday. There just did not seem to be enough hours from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm to eat all that needed to be eaten. I was actually relieved when 7:00 pm arrived.
Then, some time around 2:00 am as I plodded through a project that was clearly going to consume the rest of the night, the madness struck again. One bag of rinds led to polishing off the leftover cake and ended with a few Lorna Doone moments - all because of that mad logic: well, if I am up all night, then I will definitely be able to meet the no food three hours before going to sleep.

Guess I let down my guard too soon. Although after two weeks (it takes two weeks for a new habit to "set"), you would think . . .

C'est la vie or la guerre as the case may be.

I will set myself to the task again - with modifications like portion control and MRPs. This is similar to the process when I gave up cigarettes. There were several "practice" stops before I was able to cold turkey (couldn't resist a food allusion :D)

Now that I am aware of several underlying errors in approaching this lifestyle habit change that I did not anticipate, I have determined that this is similar to those strategic retreat to regroup "practice" stops.

This is only the beginning :rage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred