Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care to join my no eating after 7 p.m. (EDIT) or 3 hours before bed thread?

Travis

Suspended
Pink Dahlia said:
This may sound dumb but I brush my teeth. After that I don't want to eat anything.

That doesn't really seem like such a dumb idea to me. I should have thought of that. Why do I wait until I go to bed to brush when I'm not eating anything between dinner and sleep anyway? Oh yeah, I smoke, so maybe brushing before bed is still the best route for me...[huh]

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
That has never worked for me. I've tried it. Lotsa times. But it may work for others.

Evening exercise helps! I just keep busy, and NO TV with FOOD COMMERCIALS!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
PA Dancer said:
I find that flossing helps. Once you spend a good 5 minutes going around every tooth, why would you want to put food back in there.
: )

Because some of us can't help ourselves! I've had many Whoopie pies right after a good brushing and flossing. :eek:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I'm on board. There are two things I want to attempt. First, I eat a good breakfast each day, but am hungry by the time I get to work. Also, I get the last lunch hour in my group at work, starting at 1. I normally go out and bring something to my desk. Which means I usually don't eat till 2. So I really need that extra second breakfast. My habit has been to buy a big sweetroll or pastry from the guy at the coffee cart on front of my office. Not a good idea! So I'm bringing an almond butter and marmalade on heavy duty multi grain bread lately. Maybe not ideal but much better than pure pastry. And then when I get home, about 6:30 each night, I have to fight the feeling of bring pooped out till 9 and only then starting dinner. The really insidious formula was flop till 9, and then make a big bowl of pasta, not finishing it until close to 11. So between having better (less carby) food in the morning, and not eating after 9 PM, I'm hoping to take a few kilos of my tubby body.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
I'm on board. There are two things I want to attempt. First, I eat a good breakfast each day, but am hungry by the time I get to work. Also, I get the last lunch hour in my group at work, starting at 1. I normally go out and bring something to my desk. Which means I usually don't eat till 2. So I really need that extra second breakfast. My habit has been to buy a big sweetroll or pastry from the guy at the coffee cart on front of my office. Not a good idea! So I'm bringing an almond butter and marmalade on heavy duty multi grain bread lately. Maybe not ideal but much better than pure pastry. And then when I get home, about 6:30 each night, I have to fight the feeling of bring pooped out till 9 and only then starting dinner. The really insidious formula was flop till 9, and then make a big bowl of pasta, not finishing it until close to 11. So between having better (less carby) food in the morning, and not eating after 9 PM, I'm hoping to take a few kilos of my tubby body.

Fantastic!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I fell off the wagon tonight. Every Wednesday night at work we host a classical music concert, and serve fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies at intermission -- and there was one left over. It looked so lonely. And I did the only merciful thing...

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
I fell off the wagon tonight. Every Wednesday night at work we host a classical music concert, and serve fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies at intermission -- and there was one left over. It looked so lonely. And I did the only merciful thing...

Bah! And so you killed it for looking lonely! lol

Get back on the wagon, there's plenty of room! :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
Get back on the wagon, there's plenty of room!

There may be more. It's 8:30 and I'm STARVING! I need celery, cucumbers, something that's mostly fibre and water. HELP!

Off for more H2O.

Maybe I'll just go to be early and dream of breakfast! zzzzzzzz.......

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
There may be more. It's 8:30 and I'm STARVING! I need celery, cucumbers, something that's mostly fibre and water. HELP!

Off for more H2O.

Maybe I'll just go to be early and dream of breakfast! zzzzzzzz.......

Yes, going to bed early helps! I am full of energy tonight, but the last few nights I did go to bed dreaming of breakfast. :)

Travis

Suspended
Still going strong. I just have been eating dinner earlier than usual, I find I go to sleep faster, sleep better, wake up more alert and feel better all around. The waking up alert thing has allowed me to get up earlier instead of stretching the time in bed as long as possible and I've been walking for 45 minutes every morning before I shower and get ready for work, which has it's benefits as well. All in all, this is great!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Watch Weighters

So on top of everything else, the Lounge has turned into a chapters of Watch Weighters. Well, I have to confess, I sort of fell off the wagon tonight. I picked up a chicken and pineapple and red peppers salad tonight (it was pretty good, actually) and polished it off. Then I had to pick up my laundry from across the street, but I had to stop at the deli cause I'm out of butter (you see where this is leading?) Well, there at the cashier they have the fancy schmancy gourmet chocolates. (I'm so ashamed! No, I'm not!) So I grabbed the fancy schmancy fair trade gourmet dark chocolate with ginger. There! I've admitted it!
And I watched to the whole of Gosford Park, while snarfing down a 3 oz bar of fancy schmancy, without changing channels. (The Yankees had already lost, otherwise I would have been bouncing back and forth.)
And I'm not ashamed to admit it! I still have a hankering for like maybe a cheeseburger, but I'm going to be strong!

carter

I'll Lock Up
So on top of everything else, the Lounge has turned into a chapters of Watch Weighters. Well, I have to confess, I sort of fell off the wagon tonight. I picked up a chicken and pineapple and red peppers salad tonight (it was pretty good, actually) and polished it off. Then I had to pick up my laundry from across the street, but I had to stop at the deli cause I'm out of butter (you see where this is leading?) Well, there at the cashier they have the fancy schmancy gourmet chocolates. (I'm so ashamed! No, I'm not!) So I grabbed the fancy schmancy fair trade gourmet dark chocolate with ginger. There! I've admitted it!
And I watched to the whole of Gosford Park, while snarfing down a 3 oz bar of fancy schmancy, without changing channels. (The Yankees had already lost, otherwise I would have been bouncing back and forth.)
And I'm not ashamed to admit it! I still have a hankering for like maybe a cheeseburger, but I'm going to be strong!

lol :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap

If you're gonna fall, you might as well fall ALL THE WAY!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred