Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care to join my no eating after 7 p.m. (EDIT) or 3 hours before bed thread?

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
LolitaHaze said:
Bwhahaha right after I thanked this thread I am ready to shake my fist at it!! I just remembered I have icecream and Jimmies in the freezer! *arg!*

Sweet talking Jimmies and those lines about "baby, but I'm so GOOD," I've fallen for it, too. Lies!

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Is this really apt to improve health, not eating three hours before bed? Is this better for digestion, or?

I have always found it to be quite helpful to have a snack before bed, generally something carbie and easy on the stomach like a bowl of ceral or some toast. 8+ hours is a lot of time not to eat, especially for me, generally because I eat every 2 hours.

I find if I don't eat anything before bed, I go to bed hungry, and my metabolism isn't burning anything through the night and I will wake up light headed...I eat three meals a day, plus several snacks, I find if I don't do this, my metabolism is not burning anyting, and I have no energy. I guess it takes a lot of fuel to keep me going.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is this really apt to improve health, not eating three hours before bed? Is this better for digestion, or?

I have always found it to be quite helpful to have a snack before bed, generally something carbie and easy on the stomach like a bowl of ceral or some toast. 8+ hours is a lot of time not to eat, especially for me, generally because I eat every 2 hours.

I find if I don't eat anything before bed, I go to bed hungry, and my metabolism isn't burning anything through the night and I will wake up light headed...I eat three meals a day, plus several snacks, I find if I don't do this, my metabolism is not burning anyting, and I have no energy. I guess it takes a lot of fuel to keep me going.
I was the same way when I was very lightweight. A bowl of cereal or toast were my choices too! I slept better and felt better upon waking up.
Now that I might have some weight to lose, I'm considering trying this no eating 3 hours before bed. Seems reasonable and it might just work, since I also never say diet.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I also never say diet
:)

From these 4 letters we also get some helpful hints:

Tide - as in no cheating by having something to tide you over
Tied - try not to be tied to your appetite
Edit - as in edit your food choices

FOOD for fun! :)

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
NicolettaRose said:

My father is 62, I don't think he has ever been over 130. Like me, he always eats a meal before bed. My Brother at 6'1, I don't think has been over 160, my grandfather and grandmother were never over 130 either, yet we all eat a lot. I think it has more to do with genetics, less to do with age. It also has to do with the type of food you eat. I do eat my fair share of Mcdonalds and KFC ( I have speciel place in my heart for fried chicken and mashed potatos) and do drink soda and eat sweets, but I also eat a lot of fruit, protien, good carbs, drink plenty of water and hardly ever drink alcohol.

It probably has to do with body type too. I am only 5'2 with smallish bones, if I weigh anything over 120, my feet start to hurt when standing for too long.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
:)

From these 4 letters we also get some helpful hints:

Tide - as in no cheating by having something to tide you over
Tied - try not to be tied to your appetite
Edit - as in edit your food choices

FOOD for fun! :)
You forgot,...
T'die,...as in,..."Twinkies are t'die for." :essen:
(But never 3 hours before bed time of course.)

Ellie Jane

New in Town
Am I too late to join in?

I find the worst time for snacking is in the evenings, but since I took up sewing I find I'm occupied so I don't think about snacks at all. I also discovered sunflower seeds - I'm sure you must burn more calories getting them out of the shell than they contain! Very good for when you just have to have something in front of the tv.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
NicolettaRose said:
. I think it has more to do with genetics, less to do with age. It also has to do with the type of food you eat. I do eat my fair share of Mcdonalds and KFC ( I have speciel place in my heart for fried chicken and mashed potatos) and do drink soda and eat sweets, but I also eat a lot of fruit, protien, good carbs, drink plenty of water and hardly ever drink alcohol.

It probably has to do with body type too. I am only 5'2 with smallish bones, if I weigh anything over 120, my feet start to hurt when standing for too long.

So maybe you don't need to be here telling all the folks who -do- struggle with evening eating, that you don't have to.

Salt in peoples wounds tends to not feel nice, much like what ends up percieved as bragging.

Travis

Suspended
I'm probably too late to be eligible for the prize, but count me in. I've been doing it for the last few days anyway, along with trying to eat healthier, exercising and cutting out soda. The candy bowl at my work, along with the empty calories in alcoholic beverages will be my downfall.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Travis said:
I'm probably too late to be eligible for the prize, but count me in. I've been doing it for the last few days anyway, along with trying to eat healthier, exercising and cutting out soda. The candy bowl at my work, along with the empty calories in alcoholic beverages will be my downfall.

I haven't yet worked out all of the fine print about the prize, eligibility, any gift tax considerations, etc ;) but I suspect you are still eligible. :)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Ellie Jane said:
Am I too late to join in?

I find the worst time for snacking is in the evenings, but since I took up sewing I find I'm occupied so I don't think about snacks at all. I also discovered sunflower seeds - I'm sure you must burn more calories getting them out of the shell than they contain! Very good for when you just have to have something in front of the tv.

Never too late to start a good habit, no!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
NicolettaRose said:

Then by all means, please do not join.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
I was the same way when I was very lightweight. A bowl of cereal or toast were my choices too! I slept better and felt better upon waking up.
Now that I might have some weight to lose, I'm considering trying this no eating 3 hours before bed. Seems reasonable and it might just work, since I also never say diet.

Consider yourself committed! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy