Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care to join my no eating after 7 p.m. (EDIT) or 3 hours before bed thread?

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I'll try to do this too! But it may be tough, since I'm back home in the burbs now, and there's nothing to do but drive around and drink coffee until the wee hours with my best friend. And there is an amazing organic ice cream place around here...

Okay, nothing after 10 PM for me! (I go to bed late!)

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
RED ZONE BLUES

YIPEEE! ! !
NFL
! ! !
:cheers1:
Football :beer:
(so what it's only pre-season)

:essen: Chips! :beer: Dips!:essen:

Ooops.:eusa_doh:
It's after 7:00.

no chips :cry:
no dips :cry:

Oh, right! :coffee:
*sigh* ;)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I started back to work and I have a lunch break scheduled at 10:45! No joke. 10:45 AM!

Needless to say around 3:30 I usually get hungry for dinner. But lately I have been very good about not eating past 7. (Going to bed at 6 PM helped. Okay I only did that once!)

Count me in.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I work a job from 3pm-11pm, with lunch at 6pm. So thats my dinner. I eat it if I feel hungie.

I get home, walk the dog and watch a moobie with a cup of tea by 1130. Off to bed at 1. Good boring routine. Altho Katie Brooks had me out till 2am drinking cocktails ;)

Could have gone for a burrito after, but dinna.

LD

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
Me too! and I am gonna go have some water!:rolleyes:

Bwhahaha right after I thanked this thread I am ready to shake my fist at it!! I just remembered I have icecream and Jimmies in the freezer! *arg!*

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
See there are moments...where I am glad I only have a tiny fridge...and -no- freezer....

Technically I can have it... because I won't be going to bed for at least another 3 hours... but I am sticking to the 8pm rule.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I'm on night two and behaving!
:eusa_clap

So am I but all these cigarettes (cough, hack, wheeze, snort) are gonna kill me. Oh well, at least I'll be a thinner corpse. lol

BTW, I'm sleeping in. No coffee at 4:30 this Saturday.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Hey all! I'm so glad you're with me on this!

I just slept really well! I went to sleep earlier the last two nights, too. I think this torture may have benefits other than vanity! :D

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
I thought I'd struggle last night, seeing as I was up till about 2.30am doing website stuff, and normally I snack constantly while I try and figure out coding, but I managed to behave. :D

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
pigeon toe said:
I'll try to do this too! But it may be tough, since I'm back home in the burbs now, and there's nothing to do but drive around and drink coffee until the wee hours with my best friend. And there is an amazing organic ice cream place around here...

Okay, nothing after 10 PM for me! (I go to bed late!)

Wonderful!

One thing I'm learning is that organic "junk" is still junk! (If it looks like it, and tastes like it, mmm.....)

I'm an old-school organic/health store gal, and I recall when Health Valley first came on the market. They only used fruit juice to sweeten their baked goodies. Now, just like all the others, they use "refined cane juice" aka white sugar.

I'm sure that ice cream place is fab, just offering (dis)encouragement! :)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Leading Edge said:
YIPEEE! ! !
NFL
! ! !
:cheers1:
Football :beer:
(so what it's only pre-season)

:essen: Chips! :beer: Dips!:essen:

Ooops.:eusa_doh:
It's after 7:00.

no chips :cry:
no dips :cry:

Oh, right! :coffee:
*sigh* ;)

Crying burns calories! You go!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
GoldLeaf said:
No snacking before bed is easy - I don't have unhealthy food in the house. There is nothing to tempt me. A year and a half ago when we decided to quit smoking, I told the hubby "no more junk food in the house," because he does the grocery shopping.

I still gained 10 pounds, but I was a little on the thin side anyway. I actually like having some curves! Totally flat bellies be darned, I have a tush! If I want something to eat after dinner, I have to work to find something readily edible to snack on, it just doesn't exist. Everything we have needs to be cooked, which is a deterrent to snacking.

But now with the baby, I eat frequently. I eat smart, though, which does help. Most nights I have been ok after dinner, but the past couple of days I have been STARVING about two hours after a meal. I think the baby is going through a growth spurt. I ate a bowl of cereal last night, and was still famished after! I didn't eat anymore, but I was so darn hungry!

I woke up very, very hungry. After two bowls of cereal, I had to quit eating and get ready for work! I ate a banana in the car and yogurt a little later.

So, after the baby is born, I pledge to join :) I just can't right now, I think my stomach would digest itself, hehehe

Yes, eating for two is good when you really ARE eating for two!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Pink Dahlia said:
I started back to work and I have a lunch break scheduled at 10:45! No joke. 10:45 AM!

Needless to say around 3:30 I usually get hungry for dinner. But lately I have been very good about not eating past 7. (Going to bed at 6 PM helped. Okay I only did that once!)

Count me in.

It's a party now, with all of you! Mind you there's no chow, but hey, who cares!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy