Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care to join my no eating after 7 p.m. (EDIT) or 3 hours before bed thread?

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
Thanks a bunch! Why, you're not a square gal at all. I'll make the coffee. ;)

I like my coffee black, and very strong. I use a French press. But I will graciously accept any kind of free coffee from someone who gets up as early as I do. Thanks!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Oh one more thing... I am starting tomorrow. I know I know... don't hold off til tomorrow what you can do today, but whatevah! *insert Springer worthy attitude here*

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I think there should be a prize involved, or something, for whoever sticks to it the longest! Also, do use this area for support! No posting pics of food, either! :eek: If you fall off the wagon, please post about it, and we'll help you back on!

RainEdayWoman

Familiar Face
7pm is a bit early imo because it makes it harder to avoid late night snacking, a better option is no eating after 8pm and make it one snack after dinner...an apple is a good choice because they are high in fiber and will leave you feeling full for a longer amount of time. Another, weight loss secret it to eat an apple for each snack throughout the day because it will help you to eat less for meals because they stick with you.

After I had my daughter I did this and managed to lose 50+lbs over a course of 4 months. And, keep it off!! Well until I got pg again now I am starting it all over lol!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad I posted this thread, because if I didn't I'd be eating right now.

I saw a commercial earlier, I don't recall what it was for, but a man in a donut suit is in a car with a woman, and she asks him to get out. He replied "But you were all over me last night." lol

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm living proof that avoiding nighttime nibbles can lead to easy weight loss -- before I started working nights, I was constantly eating stuff in the evening, everything from matzo with melted cheese on it to entire loaves of bread (yes, I love my carbohydrates, and that's all there is to it). But now that I'm working at the theatre six nights a week, I'm not able to do that anymore -- and I've lost enough weight that it's noticeable.

Of course, I do have to be careful of the popcorn and soda and Twizzlers, but so far my will power is holding.

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
Nick Charles said:
[bad] OK NO EATING AFTER 7

My new creedo also. Have lost 18 lbs in the last two months. Also no unnessesary snacking or grazing..

As a confirmed grazer, I need someone to define "unnecessary" please.

Also, I'm with Fletch on this one:
Fletch said:
7 is awfully early.
It's late night noshing that packs on the pounds.
How about no eating after 9?
If not nine, how about 8?

I'll have to start tomorrow night. Tonight is pretty much a wash out already.

PrettySquareGal said:
I think there should be a prize involved, or something, for whoever sticks to it the longest! Also, do use this area for support! No posting pics of food, either! :eek: If you fall off the wagon, please post about it, and we'll help you back on!
:D Oooooh! A prize. Okay, I'm in, but does it have to be 7:00 *uncharacteristic whining*

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Interestingly, I was talking to a nutritionist a few weeks ago and she put it a little more simply. No eating two hours before you go to bed. Works for me but baby peeled carrots don't count. :p ;)

You are welcome to do it your way, but you just won't qualify for the prize. :p You do what works for you!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
I'm living proof that avoiding nighttime nibbles can lead to easy weight loss -- before I started working nights, I was constantly eating stuff in the evening, everything from matzo with melted cheese on it to entire loaves of bread (yes, I love my carbohydrates, and that's all there is to it). But now that I'm working at the theatre six nights a week, I'm not able to do that anymore -- and I've lost enough weight that it's noticeable.

Of course, I do have to be careful of the popcorn and soda and Twizzlers, but so far my will power is holding.

Whoopie pies have done me in. :mad:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Eating late slows you down because digestion takes up a lot energy, thats why you are tuckered after dinner. I dont eat late at night cause I find it helps me get up easier :). Honest truth, I pop right up. I also drink a lot of tea, and walk tons, so Ive lost a few inches.

I havent had a craving for bread in over a month and that makes a difference. So I have a bowl of greens, brock, and greenbeans for breakfast with two over med eggs. Thats my main meal of the day.

I want to make it a life change.

yay me.*

*but I must have a cocktail now and again ;)

LD

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
But does this mean I can't drink beer after say,...8, or 9 o'clock??? :eusa_doh:
I guess I could live without a bedtime snack,...depends on what the prize is. :)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
OK, cocktail and loophole people, you are making this difficult! :D And where is my free coffee?!

BUT, I think it's OK to have a small nightcap as long as it's less than 100 calories. You will not be exempt from The Prize.

I have to say I feel asleep more quickly than usual last night!

Lady D, you may be right!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Maj.Nick Danger said:
But does this mean I can't drink beer after say,...8, or 9 o'clock??? :eusa_doh:
I guess I could live without a bedtime snack,...depends on what the prize is. :)
How about ONE beer before 9:00?? This prize, it's gonna be something! Probably better than the one I got at 1,000 posts. ;)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I'll join your no eating after dinner thing, I am too prone to going back to the fridge. But the after 7, 8, or even 3 hours before bed rule might be unworkable for me since I sometimes get home from work so late I don't eat till 9!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy