Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carhartt Duck Detroit Jacket

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I agree totally Carlos. I saw this a week ago and my heart sank. The Detroit used to look like a cool 1950's style utility jacket, with some style. That awkward drop tail especially makes it look like a generic issue work jacket.

I wonder what the next best option now is for a duck cotton work jacket that isn't an unnecessarily expensive yuppy hipster, artisanal, 60oz organic cotton, ethically sourced, hand crafted, vintage style, $800 'work' jacket.

First MFG: $105 Shipped>>
first-manufacturing-hanover-jacket-13e.jpg

Hanover_2_900x.jpg

First MFG: $105 Shipped>>
first-manufacturing-hanover-jacket-13e.jpg

Hanover_2_900x.jpg

I've been eyeballing this jacket for quite some time. Interested to hear your thoughts, especially on the sleeve fit and length.

Edit: Just realized you maybe did not purchase. If that is the case obviously disregard.

Interesting. Apart from the fact that they don't do a work jacket in the correct shade of baby poo brown - can we really trust a company that also makes leather jackets for $200?

Lol. Correct color indeed.

For what its worth a TFL member gave this jacket glowing reviews about one year or so ago. I prefer to hear from more folks before jumping in, no matter the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy