Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casablanca

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
I watched Casablance today on the silver screen! There is an "arty" movie house in the city center that shows cool pictures every now and again.

http://www.irishfilm.ie/

It was so cool to see it on the big screen. I love the theatre aswell; it is really golden era. Gentleman beside me had a fine fedora. I had my '40s tie....

What a great flic, it has it all. I just love the cinema experience - it is so much better that watching something at home.

A nice little interlude for 1.30 in the afternoon (shhhhh!!!!!;) )

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
Sounds great! I've only seen Casablanca a few times on pitiful televisions -- I'd love to see it on the big screen.

According to miss Beaucaillou, Casablanca is going to be shown here in Portland at a similar, artsy movie establishment. I am excited.

Matt

NRay

New in Town
My brother just rented this movie on DVD and I am going to watch it with him tonight. He hasn't seen it yet and he's pretty excited. However, I think seeing it on the big screen would be much better.
This last summer I was able to see The Maltese Falcon on the big screen and that was exciting. It's incredible just how much you miss watching a movie on television.
Anyways, that is pretty cool that you were able to see the movie that way!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
I went to see this at a close by 1920's movie palace this November, and even though I'm not an enormous devotee of the flick (an opinion I know is next to blasphemous here :p ), it was quite a treat! An entirely different experience from the small screen. And what an audience there was that night! :eek: There was hardly room to breathe! Considering my city is fairly small, and people rarely come to the monthly classic movie screenings at this theatre, this was doubly surprising!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
NRay said:
My brother just rented this movie on DVD and I am going to watch it with him tonight. He hasn't seen it yet and he's pretty excited.

Yes, I bet he is ;) to watch "Casablanca" for the first time ...that will be a treat, that's for sure. Let us know if yor brother liked it NRay.

Caleb Moore

Familiar Face
My favorite movie, no question. Has everything I could want in a flick.
My second favorite..(here goes...)..."Titanic". Not a perfect movie by far, but what can I say, love the period, the romance of it and I'm a Titanic buff..

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
Caleb Moore said:
My favorite movie, no question. Has everything I could want in a flick.
My second favorite..(here goes...)..."Titanic". Not a perfect movie by far, but what can I say, love the period, the romance of it and I'm a Titanic buff..

Don't be ashamed -- I saw it twice in the theater. I blamed my girlfriend, but I secretly went back to hear DeCaprio cry, "I'm the king of the world!"

Matt

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
griffer said:
what is this 'Casablanca'?

is it out in theaters now?

is ben affleck in it?

Ben Affleck and Cate Blanchett are both in it. The movie is OK. It has been in theaters for a while, I think...

RyFranzese24

Familiar Face
Ahh, I love Casablanca. That would be great.

The only disappointment is that on the big screen it still won't be widescreen. It was shot fullframe (4:3). Oh well...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Is Sydney wearing a cummerbund?

images132.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Feraud said:
It looks like Greenstreet is wearing cummerbund.
Although I've seen Casablanca dozens of times, today was the first time I took notice of the cummerbund. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner