Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cash for Clunkers Part 6

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
For the last 5 years I have been collecting hats for the Vets here in Southern Oregon and deliver them around Christmas time every year. Since this started in 2009, we collectively have donated over 300 hats to the cause and the Vets have come to expect it every year. I’m good with their expectations and you would be also if you were able to see what I see when I deliver them. The sheer delight on these Guys faces has been worth all the effort.

The first 4 years I was giving a $25 discount on hat orders for the donation but found I was working all the way into May repairing and cleaning so last year I changed it up a bit. I was, and AM this year, offering a $50 discount on your hat order if you send in a clunker that I don’t have to work on, just brush and deliver. It worked out great last year, 51 ( if memory serves me right) clean usable hats were delivered and I didn’t have to work into the year to make it happen.

I am announcing the start of this program again, this time earlier than last year, in hopes of exceeding the total last year. As of today, Sept 2, 2014 send me a hat & I’ll pay you for it effectively through a discount, a Vet will get a hat to wear this winter not only to stay warm but also to complete a “job interview” ensemble. We have an extraordinary number of homeless Vets here and anything I/we can do to help is very much appreciated.
For those who are new to the Lounge, here is the link to the original Cash for Clunkers thread to show its origins
to get you up to speed.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?40830-CASH-FOR-CLUNKERS&highlight=Cash+Clunkers

Thank you in advance for your consideration. The FL family has always come through in the past and I expect that won’t change any time soon

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
hi Art

still taking hats

I have a stack of probably 7 or 8 that I would like to donate

all perfectly wearable fine condition hats

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Art - is the current rate a $50 merchandise credit per hat donated?

No Sir, $50 credit against an order no matter the number of hats. If not I could end up making a new hat and owing money. :)

The criteria is that the hat be in good enough shape I don't have to work on it to give away. The first year I did it I worked into May of the following year to make them presentable.

No Sir, $50 credit against an order no matter the number of hats. If not I could end up making a new hat and owing money. :)

The criteria is that the hat be in good enough shape I don't have to work on it to give away. The first year I did it I worked into May of the following year to make them presentable.

Gotcha, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko