Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Celebrities jackets

TLW '90

Practically Family
You can't see the whole thing but this vest is pretty cool from what I can see of it, and Paycheck sure wore it well.

He had a lot of different vests ( and jackets ) but this vest is the coolest one in my opinion.

I don't really know, but I'm kind of thinking it might be a pioneer wear.
This example is similar, but in the album cover photo you can't see if it has those details coming up from the bottom.
il_570xN.2048062515_bgi2.jpg

Last edited:

barnabus

One Too Many
Oh I am my own nightmare.

Since getting my M65 I've been looking a all sorts of pictures of people in M65s.

And as an offshoot of that, I found this picture of Harrison Ford in an M43 in Force 10 From Navarone.

Which is so excellent that I immediately bought a webbing belt to cinch in my M65 at the waist, and then rattled about on Google until I found M43s for sale.

So brace yourselves for me sheepishly confessing some time soon that I've bought one of those as well.

Anyway. Harrison Ford. M43.

73589e895ce853918ec7f341b9b06ff4.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Oh I am my own nightmare.

Since getting my M65 I've been looking a all sorts of pictures of people in M65s.

And as an offshoot of that, I found this picture of Harrison Ford in an M43 in Force 10 From Navarone.

Which is so excellent that I immediately bought a webbing belt to cinch in my M65 at the waist, and then rattled about on Google until I found M43s for sale.

So brace yourselves for me sheepishly confessing some time soon that I've bought one of those as well.

Anyway. Harrison Ford. M43.
Here's more pics (below). It has a zipper and poppers so it's an M1951 field jacket (Korean War era) instead of the M1943 (WWII era).

d1930f0d13b5271f07ee19a0632c7157.jpg Force-10-from-Navarone_1.jpg MV5BMTMzMjgwMzI2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQxNzczNA@@._V1_.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I couldn't find a still picture of this, but in this music video for Thunderbird you can see a very young beardless Billy F Gibbons rocking a cool leather jacket.
I'm guessing '72 or '73, definitely not footage from a live performance of the song, because he already started growing a Beard by '74 and the song came out in '75.

I have very little familiarity with ZZ Top's oeuvre, but huge respect for Billy G. He's well known for going out of his way to support and champion new and younger talents, mentoring and encouraging. There are plenty of people in the music world that see emerging talents as a threat, as competition; the fact that he goes the other way speaks highly of him indeed imo.

A few celebs were wearing leather at the F1 GP in Vegas last weekend.
If you ever worry about your fit being 1/2 inch off...
View attachment 562808
View attachment 562809

Bless. He'll grow into it. Or buy some poles and have a nice camping holiday under it.

The race was actually surprisingly fantastic, but the style/fashion was not so great

First GP I've watched since.... Oh, I don't know, now. Certainly the last one I saw, the cars were all still in cigarette colours, and Eddie Irvine was a fairly new driver...

Happened to be visiting my parents the weekend of that one, though, and Dad's a big fan. It was a good race indeed. Much hilarity with Dad getting wound up by the British coverage focussing so much on Lewis Hamilton, who I gather hasn't really figured on the leaderboard for a long time now..

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree​

View attachment 567120 View attachment 567121

I do like the cut of that coat, though I suspect something shorter would be more flattering on his shape.

But... It's set in WWII.

Heh. Check out Battle of Britain, in which all the women are as full-on 1960s as the men's haircuts and RAF uniforms... It seems caring much at all about accuracy only really became a thing into the 21st century...

Edward

Bartender
@Edward my brother and I constantly complain to each other how bad the British bias is in the coverage. It's quite abhorrent.

It's pretty standard in all sports commentary here - especially wrt England.

The one that always cracked me up, though, is how everyone non-English in sport is "British" to the English commentators - until they lose, and then they're Scottish, Irish, Welsh... For years I knew if Andy Murray had won Wimbledon or not before they gave the result. They just had to say "Scottish player Andy Murray..." or "British star Andy Murray..." :D

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
It's pretty standard in all sports commentary here - especially wrt England.

The one that always cracked me up, though, is how everyone non-English in sport is "British" to the English commentators - until they lose, and then they're Scottish, Irish, Welsh... For years I knew if Andy Murray had won Wimbledon or not before they gave the result. They just had to say "Scottish player Andy Murray..." or "British star Andy Murray..." :D

Not going to turn this into a battle of the continents, but I always frown on how the NBA calls their annual winner „World Champion“…

Edward

Bartender
Not going to turn this into a battle of the continents, but I always frown on how the NBA calls their annual winner „World Champion“…

I like the "World's Series" for baseball. Cause, y'know.... it has a Canadian team as well, right? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner