Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Changeling - Clint Eastwood & Angelina Jolie

zaika

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
I think she looks much prettier with that softer hair style and make-up. She looks warmer and not so "ice-queenish."

yeah...i'm with you. she looks beautiful in that photo the OP put up.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Studio's pretty much use wigs when filming period pieces anymore. It's much quicker and easier to put wigs on 100 people's heads than it is to style 100 people's hair. Also, with how image-conscious actresses are, I doubt they cut their hair for roles much.

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
angie-jolie-clint-eastwood2.jpg

More here at IMNOTOBSESSED.com

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BeBopBaby said:
Studio's pretty much use wigs when filming period pieces anymore. It's much quicker and easier to put wigs on 100 people's heads than it is to style 100 people's hair. Also, with how image-conscious actresses are, I doubt they cut their hair for roles much.

Unless you're Natalie Portman and shaving your head.

p.s. I think Angelina is pretty, but not drop dead gorgeous (she looked great in The Good Sheperd, though. Period pieces flatter her). Her lips drive me nuts - like Julia Roberts', they have no shape. I'd rather thin lips with a pretty cupid's bow than full ones with no pretty shape at all!

Edward

Bartender
That's Mr and Mrs Smith, which came out in 2005. Ms Jolie always had a figure, though like most of Hollywood my impression is she was quite petite nevertheless. In the last year or two (possibly connected to her pregnancy? A lot of celebrities seem to becoem very thin after pregnancy), she seems to have lost a considerably amount of weight.

zaika

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
Disgusting, just disgusting. :rolleyes:

mrmrssmith_narrowweb__200x344.jpg

hahaha. totally GROSS. :rolleyes:
she looks somewhat healthy here...but in those photos she looks awfully worn out and thin.

but...ah well! i hope the movie is good enough to at least sit through and admire the fashion!! lol

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Actually, my problem with AJ isn't her weight (she's always looked to be petite) or any medical modifications made to her (I don't believe she has).........It's the INK. :(

Angelina-Jolie-61.JPG

Jovan

Suspended
I'm not sure what's up with the men here not liking ink on women... I think it's just fine, within reason. The entire body being covered head to toe isn't very attractive.

Edward

Bartender
Oh yes, I've had more than enough of the crazy ex thing. fortunately only the one, but nevertheless pretty nasty. At least now it's subsided to the odd web-based libel every few months. The email hacking stopped a couple of years back.

Jovan said:
I'm not sure what's up with the men here not liking ink on women... I think it's just fine, within reason. The entire body being covered head to toe isn't very attractive.

A couple of years ago, this came up for some discussion on a rather less genteel forum I post on. certainly there are a lot of ugly tattoos in the world, some of them on women, but none as ugly as the attitude some of those guys had towards the fairer sex. :( As I see it, the right tattoo, well placed, is very sexy. And so is bare skin. Like anything else, for me it's all about moderation. I can appreciate the art and the beauty of a lady who has full sleeves and extensive tattooing over her cleavage, it just woludn't be what I'd prefer in a partner. Each to their own, though - I'm very much not a fan of the way some men (fortunately not in these parts) are so viciously critical of any lady making choices about her own look that happen not to jive with those guys' idea of what is attractive.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
She's nuts in the head and the tats prove it. :p Clean her up and she looks presentable though.:D Why would a beautiful girl mar herself with tattoos???? It would be like painting polka dots on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. I don't find anything sexy or attractive about tattoos. I don't know what's up with men who find such things acceptable.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lincsong said:
She's nuts in the head and the tats prove it. :p Clean her up and she looks presentable though.:D Why would a beautiful girl mar herself with tattoos????

Oh gimme a break and please remember that your comments are insulting to the many lovely ladies of the lounge (myself included) who have tattoos and find them to be an important form of art and self-expression. I respect your opinion and I'm sure everyone else here does to, but please try to be respectful in the way you express it.

Also, I highly suggest you read any book on tattoo history, and specifically "Bodies of Subversion: A Secret History of Women and Tattoo" by Margot Mifflin if you really want to understand the numerous reasons why women have chosen this form of body adornment throughout history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner