Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Changeling - Clint Eastwood & Angelina Jolie

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Rooster said:
It shows an age difference more than anything else. I'm 50 and associate tattoos with sailors. Up until the latest tattoo fad, sailors, prison inmates and nasty bikers were the only people who wore tats in the USA. Young ladies certainly never wore tats of any kind. And, that's how I'll always feel about tats.lol

Your assertion that young ladies never wore tats of any kind is just plain incorrect! It certainly wasn't so common, but saying that young ladies *never* wore tattoos is completely false. Please go read the book - you might be surprised and learn a thing or two.

Rooster

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Your assertion that young ladies never wore tats of any kind is just plain incorrect! It certainly wasn't so common, but saying that young ladies *never* wore tattoos is completely false. Please go read the book - you might be surprised and learn a thing or two.
Well, none of the ladies in my family history ever had tats, nor would they have thought highly of those who did....stodgy old midwesterners you know.....lol
I would suspect you have tattoos seeing as how defensive you are about them. More power to you if that's what you want. I'll not tell you what to believe in as long as you extend me the same courtesy.;)
Back to Ms. Jolie....stunning isn't she?....Did I already say that?lol

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I think the point here....is that we have already had this whole discussion about 10 times.....and it never provides any -new- understanding.

And while those of us who do have tattoos....don't go around telling -your- wives to get them.....or otherwise imposing our choices on others.

You all persist in telling us how horrid they are and how -you- would never......etc...in -every- thread where someone has a tattoo...despite that -not- being the topic at all.

Maybe we need to start invading random threads to =promote= tatoos and then perhaps you will see why we get -tired- of this.

Rooster

Practically Family
Oh, I figured it was just a matter of time before I got busted for pursuing this tattoo business. lol I'm turning over a new leaf. I've been persuaded to change my opinion and now think everybody should be tattooed from head to toe.:p
Everyone should be happy now right?;) :D
Miss Jolie...is she hot or what? (just so I can say I'm still on topic...)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Rooster said:
Well, none of the ladies in my family history ever had tats, nor would they have thought highly of those who did....stodgy old midwesterners you know.....lol

Queen Victoria had a tattoo. So did Winston Churchill's mother, Lady Randolph. Many members of European aristocracy and royalty had tattoos and the British royal family in particular has an interesting history of both tattooing and piercing. More at http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattooed_royalty.htm, a copy of an 1898 article on tattooing in the upper echelons of society.

I would suspect you have tattoos seeing as how defensive you are about them. More power to you if that's what you want. I'll not tell you what to believe in as long as you extend me the same courtesy.;)

Yes, I do - in invisible locations. I don't particularly love the ones I have yet I am still willing to defend them because that is a personal choice I made and take responsibility for.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, you guys. Back to your regularly scheduled Angelina programming.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
I think the point here....is that we have already had this whole discussion about 10 times.....and it never provides any -new- understanding.

And while those of us who do have tattoos....don't go around telling -your- wives to get them.....or otherwise imposing our choices on others.

You all persist in telling us how horrid they are and how -you- would never......etc...in -every- thread where someone has a tattoo...despite that -not- being the topic at all.

Maybe we need to start invading random threads to =promote= tatoos and then perhaps you will see why we get -tired- of this.

Wow, this situation sounds strangely like another touchy subject that comes up occassionaly in the Lounge that shall remain henceforth un-named. lol

zaika

One Too Many
Miss Sis said:
Now I've seen those large pics, I can see I was right about the Remix shoes, so my 'vintage' radar was on high beam that day!

When isn't it??? :rolleyes:

haha. me too. i saw 'em and thought 'huh...remix!'

i've been meaning to purchase the same exact shoe...they are so amazing. too bad i don't have the money or anything to wear with them! lol

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
zaika said:
haha. me too. i saw 'em and thought 'huh...remix!'

i've been meaning to purchase the same exact shoe...they are so amazing. too bad i don't have the money or anything to wear with them! lol

We're all on the same wavelength, because the first thing I noticed were those shoes as well.

I really would love a pair as well. I don't mind paying more for shoes, as long as they will be shoes that are practical, comfortable ( I refuse to pay a lot of money for an uncomfortable shoe) and I will get a lot of use from them year-round. They can't be a seasonal shoe in a color that will match more than a few outfits, which is a category I'm afraid most of the remix shoes fall under. I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a pair of shoes that I won't wear all the time. Darn practicality taking all the fun out of my shoes..... :rage:

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Not to mention female bikers and inmates. ;)

True, true. But I'm enlisting in the Navy, not joining the Angels or getting sent up, so I kind of homed in on that.

Its okay with my dad if I NEVER get a tattoo. He's working on me with the puppy-eyes. lol

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
*sad puppy-dog-eyes look* And so am I--how can you improve on perfection? ;) lol :D

Hahaha. We'll see what the guys training me think of my perfection. lol

ShortClara

One Too Many
dr greg said:
The main problem I see with tattoos on women is that in our society there is no cultural basis for the practise, so what happens is that young women quite often adorn themselves with cliched designs that look very attractive and sexually dangerous on a svelte or buxom young woman, but look revolting on them thirty years later when they are no longer living that lifestyle and have several kids and pounds to add to the package. There's a woman at least 60 in our town done all over like a Hell's Angel on a 19th century whaling ship, and it looks BAAAAAD I can tell you, gruesome in fact: horrible sword-carrying demons all hanging down in wrinkled flaps out of shape, I mean you gotta think about what impression that gives.
I've been in 3rd world countries and seen old tattooed women sitting there chewing betel nut under a palm tree, wearing a sarong...fine; the markings are a traditional part of their culture, but like it or not, in our society the inking of females has semiotic connotations that I think most women, if they thought about it, would not really want to take with them into their later years with dignity. My sisters all have small tats, but my wife....no way. I should say that I don't care what people do, nor am I being judgemental, these are just observations and conclusions drawn from them.

Why is any of that particular only to women? Do think it's better on wrinkley fat old men?

Viola said:
Hahaha. We'll see what the guys training me think of my perfection. lol
Remember, to them you're just another piece of "fresh meat". They don't and won't know you, let alone know and love you, like we do...:D

Basic's really only about one thing: breaking you down as a person and rebuilding you into who the Navy (or Army, or Air Force, or Marines--it's all the same at that stage) wants you to be. If you're interested, I can PM a couple references about the psychological nuts-and-bolts of the process.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
We're all on the same wavelength, because the first thing I noticed were those shoes as well.

I really would love a pair as well. I don't mind paying more for shoes, as long as they will be shoes that are practical, comfortable ( I refuse to pay a lot of money for an uncomfortable shoe) and I will get a lot of use from them year-round. They can't be a seasonal shoe in a color that will match more than a few outfits, which is a category I'm afraid most of the remix shoes fall under. I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a pair of shoes that I won't wear all the time. Darn practicality taking all the fun out of my shoes..... :rage:

:eek:fftopic: A friend who was recently in LA went to Remix and bought some shoes but she said she wasn't strictly convinced by Deco as a style, but then we are very fussy people! We have exactly the same size feet and LOVE vintage shoes. Luckily we seem to manage to acquire shoes without coming to blows!

texasgirl

One Too Many
More pictures!

angelina-changeling-0a.jpg

angelina-changeling-08.jpg

angelina-jolie-newspaper-18.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner