Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheapest UK to US Shipping?

SpykiE

New in Town
I was just wondering, what would be the cheapest place to send from Stourbridge, UK to the US?? I ask this because I just won a new jacket on ebay and the seller wants to charge me £33.75 for shipping.....Am I just a little crazy, but does that seem like ALOT of money just to ship a darn coat overseas? If anyone has any pointers or advice on this matter I would really appreciate it, thanks all!

Brad

SpykiE

New in Town
Hey Bellytank, here is the item #: 6747251318 But yeah, I don't understand why this guy is asking for that much.....maybe you can help me shed some light on this. Thanks!

Brad

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well he's charging you for 4kg according to Royal Mail's standard UK parcel service but Royal mails overseas parcel service limit is 2kg fro (small packet) parcels- after that, I guess Parcelforce is the international parcel service out of the UK. And that's a difficult one. But why don't you just say that's too much and for him to use the most economic service and to point you to where you can see the rates/services available? I had a quick look at Parcelforce's website and they're a nightmare.

BT.

SpykiE

New in Town
Thanks for all the info Bellytank. I went ahead and took your advice, now I just gotta wait for a reply back. I really hope things go smoothly with this... I'll let ya know what happens though! Thanks again!

UPDATE: I received a reply back and he is willing to work with me for the shipping. He said he weighed the package and it weighs in at 3.25kg which only drops the shipping by a few pounds anyways. He said he also looked at UPS (which I also did) and their prices are just as outrageous as that other site. Are there no cheap ways to ship around the world?? I'm beginning to believe so....Btw, does anyone know what "UKL" means? I went on the fedex site to try to get rates, and when it brings up the rates for international shipping, it lists the weight on the left, and the on the right the "UKL" ?? What is that?

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy