Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shipping from England to the US

bgrant570

New in Town
Hi there gents. There's a jacket on eBayUK that I'm eyeing. It's nothing special, only about $120 (99GBP), but shipping is listed at 60GBP, or about $75! I have a classic mini, so I often have to purchase from the UK. I got an entire new clutch setup including the flywheel for 22GBP ($27) shipping. That's a bigger and heavier package than a jacket. So what gives? Is the seller just gouging? Do auto parts cost less to ship than clothes? Is there some secret way to save on shipping from the UK to the US? Any advice is appreciated!

bgrant570

New in Town
Contact them and give them your address, they could get a quote based off that. I'm guessing they are covering themselves incase its a west coast delivery, shipping to LA vs NYC is almost twice the distance.
Well, I'm in Seattle, so I'm probably on the more expensive side. I'm still not understanding why Mini parts are so much cheaper to ship, unless they get some kind of volume discount on shipping or something.

Cheapest eBay shipping option from US to EU/UK is NEVER under $75+ anymore so yeah, sounds about right.

bgrant570

New in Town
Cheapest eBay shipping option from US to EU/UK is NEVER under $75+ anymore so yeah, sounds about right.
Ouch! Is there a good workaround? Like having it sent to a friend in the UK and having them send it? Is it just an eBay thing, or is shipping really just that much? Again, shipping for Mini parts is negligable. I can find most things here, but shipping is so cheap I just get it from "across the pond". Weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner