Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheesecake!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Not only did this thread "Fly South" but, it has permanently "Migrated" to another topic! "Stuffy" or not, I think it's just "Ducky" but, may be a "Goose" to the Moderators. It's only a matter of time before this thread is shot down like a duck, stuffed and mounted on MK's wall!lol

Yes, I know, I killed it dead!

=WR=

S

Samsa

Wild Root said:
Not only did this thread "Fly South" but, it has permanently "Migrated" to another topic! "Stuffy" or not, I think it's just "Ducky" but, may be a "Goose" to the Moderators. It's only a matter of time before this thread is shot down like a duck, stuffed and mounted on MK's wall!lol

Yes, I know, I killed it dead!

=WR=

Truth be told, I'm surprised it's lasted this long!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The only thing that will corridge us is if this thread swings away from cheese-y and back to cheesecake.

Only the ladies can save us now.....

Story

I'll Lock Up
Foie Gras is ill-eagle anymore :p

Restaurateurs See Faux Pas in Ban on Foie Gras

By Kari Lydersen
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, August 23, 2006; A02

CHICAGO, Aug. 22 -- Don't come between foodies and their foie gras.

That was the message sent by Chicago diners who dug into foie gras dishes Monday, on the eve of the city's ban on foie gras taking effect. High-end restaurants had special foie gras tastings to protest the ban, and even a few down-home sandwich and pizza joints added it to their menus for the occasion.

At the 676 Restaurant & Bar on Chicago's Magnificent Mile, chef Robert Gadsby topped foie gras with Pop Rocks candies, wrapped it in prosciutto and blended it into hot chocolate as part of an "Outlaw Dinner" that also featured such controversial ingredients as wild morels, absinthe, unpasteurized imported cheese and hemp seeds. While the seven-course, $140 dinner was completely legal, all the ingredients have been banned at some point.

Gadsby, a chef known for his pop cultural, eccentric approach to American food, called the foie gras ban "ridiculous."

"What's next?" asked Gadsby, who also hosted an Outlaw Dinner last month at his Noe Restaurant & Bar in Los Angeles, where foie gras will be subject to a statewide ban by 2012. "They'll outlaw truffles, then lobster, beluga caviar, oysters. There are diners who eat to fill a hunger urge, and there are diners who eat to be dazzled. If you take away the luxury ingredients, how can you dazzle them?"

The Chicago City Council passed the foie gras ban in April, joining California and several European countries that outlawed foie gras alleging animal cruelty. Foie gras, French for "fatty liver," is produced by force-feeding grain to ducks and geese until their liver enlarges as much as 10 times its normal size.

Rest of the article at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/22/AR2006082201053_pf.html

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
How about.....
meichair.jpg

Or...
duwkpinup1.jpg

Samantha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass