Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chicks with Big Noses

clevispin

One of the Regulars
I'd like to discuss what particular physical feature of a person makes them attractive. I make a distinction between objective beauty and attractiveness. Given the right combination of features, I believe a person, ordinarily perceived to be "homely", can be quite physically compelling.

For myself - I'm usually struck by women who feature strong prominent noses and pronounced laugh lines.

What strikes you all?

m

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It is "They Eye of the Beholder", aka Beauty

That is almost an impossible question. I believe that all people are "hard wired" to some understanding of what beauty is. I have many times noticed what I thought was an attractive woman, where my pal was totally unimpressed.
That brings another point: Ugly People Need Love Too.

So, love me.

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Allright - I'm fishing for some gal to bring up pot bellies and bald heads. Which reminds me - in Pulp Fiction, Bruce Willis' little french girlfriend was especially enamoured of "dee potbelly".

m

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
clevispin said:
For myself - I'm usually struck by women who feature strong prominent noses and pronounced laugh lines.

What strikes you all?

m

I never thought I'd meet someone who agrees with me. If you can find a young picture of Meyer Lanksy's first wife Anne, that's pretty much a look I find ideal. Modern examples would be Judy Gold or Judy Greer. I say, I'm a sucker for the 'Jewess' look.

I also like pallid complexions by default. And I'm attracted to women, not girls.

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Anne Lansky. I'm intrigued. Any chance you can come up with a pic? If Gotti's wife is any indication of where this might go then STOP!

m

airfrogusmc

Suspended
I guess for me it depends on the woman but a long nose is something I wouldn't think is a bad thing. I also agree a bit with Joe Walsh. Personality plays a big role for me after the initial attraction.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
KNOW HERE AND NOW

A most beautiful women and not one feature mathes the next...

picture.jpg

barkin_e.jpg

Ellen Barkin...classic imperfection!!!:cheers1:

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
I have one in the book I'm reading, but I can't find one on a google search. She's very much not Gotti's wife, dark haired, pallid, big eyes big nose, and in this picture, something about it.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
airfrogusmc
"A" List Customer

To you Arthur Felig I agree...

Nice...you know...I do think Arthur was a good man and would agree on

Barkin.:cheers1:

farnham54

A-List Customer
It's all about proportion. Features compliment other features. If all those compliments are in line, any woman can be beautiful.

The instant 'wow' factor is also in how she carries herself/presents herself.

Gents, now's the time to cover your butts with the "Of course, the best looking girl will have [insert description of wife/girlfriend here] but then the most beautiful features are....";)

Cheers
Craig

Bebop

Practically Family
I have always loved the big nose, large ears, slightly buck toothed, almost crossed eyes look. I also like women to not be completely hairless. As a kid, I would be after the girls with braces. I still think they are attractive although most with braces are girls and I prefer women. I have been told that I go for the "goofy looking chicks". I think they are beautiful. Everyone has their version of "hot". I could never figure out why people think Paris Hilton is good looking. Skinny, flat-faced, non-curved body does not do it for me. I like women with curves. I think it also has to do with the fact that I like to find beauty in what most don't. I wonder if I would feel the same if everyone was after the big eared, hairy, cross-eyed, pickle-nosed, buck-toothed beauty that I was after?

matei

One Too Many
Bebop said:
I could never figure out why people think Paris Hilton is good looking. Skinny, flat-faced, non-curved body does not do it for me.
I personally like curvier women, but it depends on the woman.

Regarding Ms. Hilton... I don't think Paris Hilton is ugly... odd looking maybe. I've heard of her described as a "borzoi"... Interesting comparison.

I actually saw a picture of her recently and she was very... for lack of a better term, "art deco" looking. She was in some kind of retro '40s outfit (a change, as there was more skin covered than showing), and it worked. She's got a weird look - very angular, sharp. Not curvaceous the least.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i couldn't really pick one feature. i have to weigh up the composition as a whole. a big nose might only work on a certain face and look out of place on another. i can't even think of a 'type' of face i prefer. for instance i think audrey hepburn and charlotte rampling are both beautiful but they look nothing alike.

spiridon

A-List Customer
WEEGEE said:
A most beautiful women and not one feature mathes the next...

picture.jpg

barkin_e.jpg

Ellen Barkin...classic imperfection!!!:cheers1:

WEEGEE.......you and I are in complete agreement on this! Ellen has always "done it" for me.:cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart