Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Childhood TV kiddie shows...

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I just rewatched all the seasons of I Dream of Jeannie. I adore that that show and Jeannie's regular clothes and hair in the early seasons are so Mad Men (exactly that time frame).

I used to love Captain Kangaroo and Bewitched. I tried to rewatch Betwitched but I can't sit through watching Darren and his jerky husband ways.

I like the Monkees too.

Last edited:

rue

I just rewatched all the seasons of I Dream of Jeannie. I adore that that show and Jeannie's regular clothes and hair in the early seasons are so Mad Men (exactly that time frame).

I used to love Captain Kangaroo and Bewitched. I tried to rewatch Betwitched but I can't sit through watching Darren and his jerky husband ways.

I like the Monkees too.

I loved Bewitched too :D

Yes, it is still funny.

I know, but James likes something from the 60s :eeek:

I just rewatched all the seasons of I Dream of Jeannie. I adore that that show and Jeannie's regular clothes and hair in the early seasons are so Mad Men (exactly that time frame)

If he was around today the guy who played Dr. Bellowes in I Dream of Jeannie would have been perfect for Mad Men. He was in movies such as The Apartment where he generally played business executives.

Last edited:

rotebander

New in Town
I still get suckered into watching hours upon hours of Rocky and Bullwinkle. Plus, every Sunday at five in the morning, Dad would wake me up, feed me waffles, and we would watch Speed Racer together. In retrospect, it's a terrible show, but oh, the memories!

Come to think of it, I didn't really enjoy many modern cartoons (and it was always cartoons) as a kid. It was always Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry and old Disney shorts. For this, I'm infinitely appreciative.

rotebander

New in Town
Absolutely! In fact, I find it funnier now than I did as a little kid.

Rocky: "Bullwinkle, do you know what an A-bomb is?"
Bullwinkle: "Sure. A bomb is what some people call our show."
Rocky:"I don't think that's very funny."
Bullwinkle: "Neither do they, apparently."

I still get suckered into watching hours upon hours of Rocky and Bullwinkle. Plus, every Sunday at five in the morning, Dad would wake me up, feed me waffles, and we would watch Speed Racer together. In retrospect, it's a terrible show, but oh, the memories!

Come to think of it, I didn't really enjoy many modern cartoons (and it was always cartoons) as a kid. It was always Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry and old Disney shorts. For this, I'm infinitely appreciative.

When I was a kid there was a TV station out here, KBSC Channel 52, that used to run Speed Racer, Kimba, The Little Rascals, and The Three Stooges. Moe Howard of the Three Stooges and Matthew "Stymie" Beard of The Little Rascals used to do voice over announcements for the station telling you stay tuned to the different shows.

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
If I live to be a hundred, I will never get tired of watching The Three Stooges. I've watched them for fifty years, have probably seen every short dozens, if not hundreds, of times and they still make me laugh until the tears come every time.

rotebander

New in Town
That's just how I am with Looney Tunes. Especially ones with Yosemite Sam, since he's a carbon copy of my grandfather. Though, I've been watching them for slightly less time than you have The Three Stooges!

If I live to be a hundred, I will never get tired of watching The Three Stooges. I've watched them for fifty years, have probably seen every short dozens, if not hundreds, of times and they still make me laugh until the tears come every time.

I was reading about Curly not too long ago. Though he wasn't a trained actor he was a natural comic genius. He had such a gift for improvisation that the writers would leave gaps in the script and let Curly do his thing.

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Dad would wake me up, feed me waffles, and we would watch Speed Racer together. In retrospect, it's a terrible show, but oh, the memories!

Now that you mention it, I'd watch anything with cars in it. Speed Racer was a favorite. I used to watch Wacky Races just to see the movement of the weird cars. Another favorite was My Mother the Car. I loved The Monkees and Batman, and always looked forward to seeing the Batmobile, and on very rare occasions, the Monkeemobile, in action. The Green Hornet's car, Black Beauty, was another favorite.

A 1960's Batmobile replica is on my 'if I ever win the lottery' list.

Now that you mention it, I'd watch anything with cars in it. Speed Racer was a favorite. I used to watch Wacky Races just to see the movement of the weird cars. Another favorite was My Mother the Car. I loved The Monkees and Batman, and always looked forward to seeing the Batmobile, and on very rare occasions, the Monkeemobile, in action. The Green Hornet's car, Black Beauty, was another favorite.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many

I loved this show & here is a clip of all the best presenters of Play School. I can understand why Mum used to like to watch too. John Waters was a bit of all right, wasn't he?
[video=youtube;CcKuNhSoo4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcKuNhSoo4c&feature=related[/video]
It could be a bit naughty too
[video=youtube;hqXXtaZoplg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqXXtaZoplg&NR=1[/video]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner