Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Children of Men: Not to be missed.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I admit that I love Clive Owen and would watch any movie he appeared in, including Jackass the Movie 3: British Invasion.

That aside, I can't think of a movie in recent history that has touched me like Children of Men. Has anyone else seen this? Care to share your comments? It's such an excellent, spot-on, near-future-dystopia. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206634/

WEEGEE

Practically Family
An excellent movie

I think it was an excellent movie. I was very disappointed it garnered no

great oscar support but oscars be oscars as life be life.

MrPumpernickel

One of the Regulars
Aside from what's already mentioned, how about that extremely long one cut scene nearing the end of the movie? Damn, that was riveting!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MrPumpernickel said:
Aside from what's already mentioned, how about that extremely long one cut scene nearing the end of the movie? Damn, that was riveting!

Yeah, and the long cut when they're in the car and get ambushed in the woods? On the dvd there's a whole bonus feature on how they accomplished those cuts.

jake431

Practically Family
I can't say I really enjoyed this movie - but that's not to say it's not good. It's a great film and profoundly moving.

It's just that it left me sitting in my car in the parking lot for about 15 solid minutes afterward, feeling terrible about the world and the future.

I guess that's just testimony to how good it was, but damned if I ever want to put myself through that again!

-Jake

MrPumpernickel

One of the Regulars
Jake, I think that's indeed a good testiment to the movie though. If more people actually stopped for 15 minutes to think, even if it made them feel bad about the world, chances are we could solve many of the problems of the world that's caused either by ill will or by just carelessness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner