Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choosing a Goodwear hide just got harder!

It's hard waiting for your turn in the Goodwear line.
-BUT, there are some benefits...
Now John is offering this awesome Steerhide called Tombstone Walnut.
Here it is on top. (the others are Seal HH- lt & DK seal HH- rt)

I was looking for something in between the 2 Horsehides and this might be just the ticket.
It's a beautiful leather. Pictured is the wax finished one.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Tombstone Walnut steerhide is my favourite of the three. It would be ideal to make a Poughkeepsie, Star or Aero A2 from as it is so close to some of the batches of cowhide used in these Wartime contracts.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Handy-Man!!!! You just made the quicket transition from "well meaning noob" to "nefarious drug (exotic leathers etc...) pusher" than any I've ever seen here. You oughtta be ashamed of yourself.

Worf

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Handy Mike, how's it compare to the old 104 hide? Looks pretty close to me.

BTW- I'm planning to visit JC next Friday to finally settle the score for me (going between the Bronco in 102 with light OD thread and golden knits, or a monarch in 102 with mid brown threa and knits)- pretty damn stoked to be able to me him and visit the alchemist's workshop :)

Last edited:
It's hard to decide- I was gonna go with dark Seal HH like Butte's...but I'm liking this Steerhide a lot!
Help guys!!!- between these, the Blues, and the pieces I have coming from Aerial Star I'm becoming a Sample Junkie!!!!!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I say stick with the Shinki HH, but that's just me... May not be quite as grainy upfront but will develop over time.

It's hard to decide- I was gonna go with dark Seal HH like Butte's...but I'm liking this Steerhide a lot!Help guys!!!- between these, the Blues, and the pieces I have coming from Aerial Star I'm becoming a Sample Junkie!!!!!
I'll bring mine over when we meet up for a beer. You can see it in the flesh. I think I'm going with that steer or another hide in the Ventura II.I love my Shinki Ventura, and the dark seal is a great color. But now I need another one and I have a place somewhere with GW lol

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Keep Those Samples

It's hard to decide- I was gonna go with dark Seal HH like Butte's...but I'm liking this Steerhide a lot!
Help guys!!!- between these, the Blues, and the pieces I have coming from Aerial Star I'm becoming a Sample Junkie!!!!!

Having a sample piece of your jacket can be handy for repairs. :smile:

Having a sample piece of your jacket can be handy for repairs. :smile:
Hells yeah!
patch1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy