Chris Penn, actor brother of Sean, found dead in his home

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Biltmore Bob, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biltmore Bob

Biltmore Bob Suspended

Too bad it wasn't Sean...It'll most likely turn out to be an OD or suicide. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

2. Hemingway Jones

Hemingway Jones I'll Lock Up Bartender

Good bye, "Good Guy" Eddie, you were one mean character in "Reservoir Dogs."

3. shamus

shamus Suspended

I liked him and all the brothers, a very talented family.

I'm surprised and yet, not surprised that some wish them dead. That's a cold thing to say about a guy who just lost his brother.

4. BellyTank

BellyTank I'll Lock Up

Also...

...he was also in Robert Altman's 'Short Cuts', which I enjoyed.

RIP CP-
    B
    T

5. Panamabob

Panamabob Call Me a Cab

An especially cold thing for an avowed Christian to say is that they wish someone dead.

6. Miss Neecerie

Miss Neecerie I'll Lock Up

*sarcasm on*

yea, but dontcha know that if you dont agree with what I think, you deserve no charity and deserve to die and then rot in hell?

*sarcasm off*

For every tree is known by its own fruit: for from thorns men do not gather figs, nor from a bramble bush do they gather grapes.

7. Harry Lime

Harry Lime Suspended

If you had a dollar for every stupid thing you wrote...

...you would be a very rich man. A man died, you didn't know him and you don't know why he died either. Judging his or his brother's worth and right to live isn't your right. Indefensible. You continue to paint a very unflattering portrait of yourself as a complete horse's ass.

Harry Lime

8. Section10

Section10 One of the Regulars

Miss Neecerie -- I see you like umbrellas. So do I. I'm trying to learn how to repair them. More complicated than it looks.

9. The man was a good actor. I'll miss his performances.

bk

10. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab

He looked very unhealthy being so overweight. 'To Wong Foo' comes to mind when I think of him.

11. jkath

jkath New in Town

Such sad news. Last night they showed a clip of Michael and their mom, just holding one another in grief. I cannot imagine the death of a child, or a sibling. I enjoyed his acting much, and with a little optimism here, I did hear on the news that there are two films that he is in that will be released within the year. So, at least we can see his final performances.

12. Biltmore Bob

Biltmore Bob Suspended

Shoulda' been Sean and the freakin dog he saved in New Orleans ...who really cares? It's all make believe anyway. Hollywood that is...

Harry Lime...whatever, baby!

13. bgbdesign

bgbdesign New in Town

Amazing!
    what people will write when they'll never have to face the people they write to.........or about.........

Mr.Penn was a serious and dedicated actor who will not be forgotten.
    bob who?
    have a nice day.......
    bg

14. Biltmore Bob

Biltmore Bob Suspended

You're just mad about that Brokeback Mountain thing.

15. Andykev

Andykev I'll Lock Up Bartender

May he rest in peace, and as far as I am concerned, you have said yours. Amen.

This is going down hill very fast. Bob, I am disappointed. You may have said " Gee that's too bad, but I didn't like his performances. I wish his family well".

No, somehow, it came out as a scene, well, you at the grave site, spitting down the hole as they lower the coffin in.

Well, they are ACTORS. You need to separate their PERFORMANCES from their LIVES, in the REAL WORLD.

Unless you can give specifics, such as being happy someone like Hitler is dead, then put a cork in it. It is a trajedy when someone dies at that age. Was it a suicide? Many performers are quite fragile in their own "self". Was it drugs? Again, many in that line of work are in that addiction.

SO, the man is dead. I didn't remember his name when it came out on this mornings commute news. Show some respect for a human life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.