Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Films….

Hondo

One Too Many
Josephine said:
This is the way I will always remember Robert Goulet, punting down the bayou. :)

Sadly yes! it sticks to my mind that Goulet is in this film, shows he had a sense of humor, in himself and the film, sadly missed fella :(

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
Even though I have it on DVD. I still wait for 24 hours of the Christmas Story to come on TBS. It has become sort of a "rule" in our house that there must be at least ONE TV in the house that is on the Christmas Story. I know...we're nerds. lol

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
Does the yule log count?

yulelog.jpg

Warden

One Too Many
Well in the UK it looks like it is the season for repeats in the UK.

According to the BBC the number of repeats on TV this Christmas has increased by a quarter since last year.

See BBC news report here

Hey ho, we do try and not watch TV over Christmas, so I guess we have even more reason not to turn the telly on.

Harry

~*Red*~

Practically Family
TheDutchess said:
Even though I have it on DVD. I still wait for 24 hours of the Christmas Story to come on TBS. It has become sort of a "rule" in our house that there must be at least ONE TV in the house that is on the Christmas Story. I know...we're nerds. lol

We're right there with you!!! The best thing about it is, you can flip channels all day and not worry about missing anything!lol

LOL.. the Yule Log... i can't believe they still show that. It completely blows my mind.

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
We're going to see A Christmas Story tonight on the big screen, at an Art Deco movie theater! (That doesn't mean I won't watch it on TBS & DVD too...)

47b7cc34b3127cceb1ad17f2e0d100000026100JZOG7Zm1Yo

47b7cc34b3127cceb1ad1704e02700000025100JZOG7Zm1Yo

Lensmaster

One of the Regulars
It's not movies but I miss the Christmas tv specials that singers and comedians used to put on Christmas. When I was a kid I always looked for Bing Crosby, Perry Como and Bob Hope doing their Christmas shows.

Lensmaster

One of the Regulars
Joie DeVive said:
I'm going to hold off on those holiday flicks until Thanksgiving, but everybody's different.

While I heavily go in for the obvious classics of Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life, my favorite is a bit of an oddball. I love John Ford's 3 Godfathers with John Wayne. It's a very western including a touch of Christmas with a focus on redemption. I just love it. :D

I just saw 3 Godfathers for the first time the other day. Great movie, and it's interesting to see John Wayne play a bad guy. Though he does reluctantly risk his life to save a child. Shows the honor that even lowlifes had at one time. TCM is showing it again 6am on Christmas.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Larceny, Inc. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034965/ which I saw as a youngster in the George Eastman House theatre and haven't seen since but I loved it.
They used to show this on TV in the 80s The Thanksgiving Visitor by Tuman Capote http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0324218/ and as I recall it's available for viewing at the Museum of Broadcasting in New York City, it's worth it.
My library bought this movie on my recommendation after I saw it at the American Film Festival A Child's Christmas in Wales. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172238/
And the Christmas episode of The Flame Trees of Thika.

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Since You Went Away is a film I enjoy any time of year but ever since I first saw it on Christmas Eve 4 years ago, I tend to watch it at Christmastime.

I also enjoy many of the others that have already been mentioned...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925