Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Jackets?

pawineguy

One Too Many
Wow! You guys have some great jackets coming this Christmas. Nice to know I'm not alone in this obsession. I'm hoping to see plenty of pics!

I've had an Aero Dustbowl in a dark seal Italian Horsehide on order for a while- it's already been made once and sent back without me ever seeing it. So hopefully, I'll be getting a call from the good folks at Thurston any day now...

And once the storm of the decade subsides here in SF, I'm going over to Johnson Leathers to pick up a custom half-belt. I had it made in their overdyed black Horween (loosely based on the Levi's black-blue speedway design.)
Holidays are looking up!

I love that overdyed black... can't wait to see how that came out. (and the dark seal for that matter...) You do have a great holiday with the other jacket you picked up recently.

devilish

A-List Customer
Well, I was expecting nothing but then the stars aligned. I got a small bonus from work and a GW Dubow 27798 came up on eBay and now I have a Christmas jacket coming next week, fingers crossed. I'm going to give re-dying like a Quartermaster re-issue a try I think. If I can pluck up the nerve. Or I might have Johnson Leathers do it instead.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Well, I was expecting nothing but then the stars aligned. I got a small bonus from work and a GW Dubow 27798 came up on eBay and now I have a Christmas jacket coming next week, fingers crossed. I'm going to give re-dying like a Quartermaster re-issue a try I think. If I can pluck up the nerve. Or I might have Johnson Leathers do it instead.

Either way that's a great grab for Xmas.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Congrats on the GW Dubow!!!

As you know, JC is a master dyer. Why not ask him to do it?

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Thanks guys. She wasn't cheap -- but well worth the "scratch" I saved up, working off-duty details ;) The jacket's heavy horsehide is incredible, feeling a lot more supple than I expected. Tonight, the wife and I went out to grab pizza/beer, and I wore the jacket for the first time. All I can say is -- WOW! It's truly a superb piece. I know Stuart may be controversial at times -- but he's an artisan at his craft. This jacket is probably something I can hand down to our kids...Nah, I'm keeping her :D

Last edited:

devilish

A-List Customer
Congrats on the GW Dubow!!!

As you know, JC is a master dyer. Why not ask him to do it?

I'm guessing he has his hands full just making jackets. A two year wait list must be a little daunting. I actually kind of want the project as a challenge. It's been awhile since I flexed the creative side of my brain.

Edward

Bartender
Stuart LW is... eccentric, certainly, but the quality of his product is up there with the best of them. Jacket does look great. I really love those boots, though!

Ordered a Mackinaw jeep coat repro from Soldier of Fortune yesterday, so I'll be wearing that over Christmas in the Old Country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav